Easy Grilled Chicken – this two-ingredient recipe is ideal for quick dinners. This flavorful chicken is also perfect for making sandwiches or adding to salads.
I’m sharing a grilled chicken recipe that is beyond easy. Almost embarrassingly easy. Two ingredients. Just two… (plus salt and pepper). No one said good food has to be complicated, right?
I love to grill, especially when the weather turns warm. There always seem to be fewer dirty dishes when I grill… and who wants to spend extra time doing dishes when it’s nice outside!
Easy summer grilling
This recipe is on repeat in our house during the summer. All you need is boneless skinless chicken breast and bottled Italian salad dressing. I always have Italian dressing in my pantry. It’s my husband’s favorite for salads, but it’s also an awesome marinade for chicken, beef, or vegetables.
Simply allow the chicken to marinate in the dressing for 2-3 hours and grill. That’s it! I said this was embarrassingly easy!
Does the chicken have to be grilled?
No, this chicken doesn’t have to be grilled. You can cook the chicken indoors on a grill pan or in a skillet – cast-iron works great.
Ways to use grilled chicken
This recipe is perfect for meal prepping. Marinate and grill up a double batch and use the chicken throughout the week.
- Add sliced chicken to salads
- Use for sandwiches or wraps
- Add to Chicken Taco Salad Bowls
- Use for make-your-own pizza night
- Make Barbecue Chicken Nachos
- Add to Fettuccine Alfredo with Mushrooms or Pesto Pappardelle
Grilled chicken goes with just about anything, but these are some of my favorite side dishes to serve with this recipe.
- Easy Creamy Coleslaw
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- Ultimate Baked Beans
- Mango Pineapple Salsa
- Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad
- Roasted Broccolini with Pistachios and Lemon
- Roasted Green Beans with Orange Butter and Crispy Pancetta
- Cheesy Twice-Baked Potatoes
This two-ingredient recipe is ideal for quick dinners. This flavorful chicken is also perfect for making sandwiches or adding to salads.
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2-3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally. (See note 1) Add to a large zipper-top bag. Pour the dressing over the chicken and add the pepper. Seal the bag and ensure all of the chicken is coated with the dressing. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
Preheat grill. Cook the chicken over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side until the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
(1) Cutting the chicken breasts in half horizontally creates thinner cutlets. The thinner pieces cook faster and more evenly.