My family loves tacos, so these chicken taco salad bowls appear in our dinner rotation pretty regularly. I like serving a lot of topping options: tortilla chips, lettuce, onions, scallions, black olives, tomatoes, shredded cheese, lime wedges, sour cream, and taco sauce. Black beans, avocado, and salsa are delicious too. I also love garnishing with fresh cilantro if I have some on hand.
Here’s how I pull these taco bowls together.
Coat the chicken breasts with taco seasoning. (This photo shows six chicken breasts since I had them to use, but the recipe only calls for four.)
Place on a parchment-lined pan and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until the chicken reads 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Shred the cooked chicken.
While the chicken bakes, prep the toppings. Slice the lettuce, scallions, and black olives. Dice the onion and tomatoes. Shred the cheese and slice the lime into wedges.
Set out some tortilla chips.
Build the taco salads: in a bowl, layer tortilla chips with the shredded chicken, cheese, lettuce, and remaining toppings.
Dig in and enjoy!
Classic taco flavors and all of the fixings served up with shredded chicken in place of ground beef.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- taco seasoning
- 1 head romaine lettuce, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 3 ounces black olives, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4 ounces Monterey jack or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- taco sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat chicken breasts with taco seasoning and bake for 20 minutes or until chicken reads 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Shred the chicken.
- While chicken bakes, prep the toppings. Slice the lettuce, scallions and black olives. Dice the onion and tomato. Cut the lime into wedges. Shred the cheese.
- Assemble the taco bowls. Layer tortilla chips with chicken, cheese, lettuce and remaining toppings.