My Casual Pantry is a recipe website created by Abbey McDermott that features recipes for casual and comfortable food. The recipes are not fussy or complicated and are made with readily available ingredients. There are quick dinners, comforting casseroles, game-day appetizers, salads, soups, and much more.
I'm the author and recipe developer behind My Casual Pantry. I'm a chips-and-dip-loving, coffee-centric foodie who likes to plan lunch while enjoying breakfast and daydreams about dinner while eating lunch. I love all things sweet and savory.
I've been cooking for over 30 years. The kitchen is my happy place, and I'm happiest cooking for the people I love. I love casual food, the food I share with my family on a daily basis, and the food we build memories around.
I started My Casual Pantry in 2018 as an outlet for my creativity in the kitchen. Sharing recipes allows me to channel my passion into inspiration for others. I hope you will be inspired to share these recipes with your family and create memories along the way.
I grew up in Wisconsin, so it’s probably no surprise that I consider cheese its own food group! After spending 30 years in Connecticut, my husband and I recently relocated to North Carolina with our daughter and toy poodle.
I am grateful for every one of you who visits the blog, making and sharing my recipes along the way. If you try a recipe, please leave a rating and comment. I greatly appreciate your feedback and this is the best way to support a food blogger.
If you have questions or just want to say hello, I would love to hear from you. Refer to the general blog and recipe questions below, leave a comment on a post, or email me at [email protected].
General blog and recipe questions
No, I do not accept guest posts nor do I link to sites unless I arrive at them organically on my own.
I would love for you to share my recipes, but I kindly request that you provide full credit by linking back to the recipe on this site. Please DO NOT use my photos without written permission (email me at [email protected]). When sharing, please DO NOT republish the full ingredients or instructions, but rather provide a link directly to the recipe on this site.
I love cooking dishes that are perfect for every day. My recipes use readily available ingredients and straightforward cooking methods. No special trips to gourmet food stores are required! My recipes are not fussy and do not involve extravagant presentations.
For the best results, follow these guidelines: Read completely through the recipe's ingredients and instructions before starting. Make sure to read the entire post where I discuss the ingredients, recipe tips, and faqs. Read the comments/questions. If you are making a recipe for the first time, be sure to follow the recipe exactly and do not make substitutions as the recipe was tested as written.
If you follow these guidelines and still have a question, please leave a comment directly in the recipe post itself. I personally answer all questions and always try my best to troubleshoot the problem.
You can subscribe to our newsletter which will be sent to your email inbox. Go to the subscribe page to sign up. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Interested in working together?
I welcome the opportunity to collaborate. For more information, go to my Let's Collaborate page.
Let's stay connected
More fun facts about me
- Current food obsession: roasted cauliflower, turkey tacos, and Starbucks Chai Tea Lattes
- Favorite sport to watch: football
- Favorite sandwich: grilled Reuben
- Favorite ice cream flavor: mint chocolate chip
- Favorite color: navy blue
- Favorite restaurant order: grilled salmon or chopped salads
- Most memorable vacations: Aruba, Disney, Utah, Glacier National Park, Hilton Head Island, and long road trips with my family
- TV watching: Hallmark movies, cooking shows, and home shows
- 5 words to describe me: quiet, independent, funny, hardworking, list-maker
- Cook or clean-up: I actually like doing both!
- Favorite holiday: Thanksgiving
- Favorite Christmas song: O Come All Ye Faithful
- Early riser or night owl: definitely an early riser and sometimes a night owl
- The most adventurous thing I’ve done: getting certified as a scuba diver and diving in the Cayman Islands
- How I met my husband: working a summer job during college 1,000 miles from home
- Beach or mountains: mountains
- Text or call: text
- Dine out or eat in: eat-in