BLT Appetizer Cups are the most delicious one-bite snack. Mini phyllo shells are filled with classic BLT flavors and are topped with an herby, zingy sauce. Serve with a salad for a light lunch or add to a brunch buffet or snack spread. These classic flavors are a winner!
Why you will love these
Classic BLT flavors - You can never go wrong with the flavor and textures in a BLT (like this triple decker turkey club). Add a bright zingy sauce and these little bites are irresistibly delicious!
Fun bite-sized snacks - Miniature food is fun to eat. After all, who doesn't enjoy a tasty nibble that you can pop right in your mouth? It's impossible to eat just one!
Easy to make and fun to serve - These cups come together in just minutes. They're the perfect addition to a brunch spread or serve them alongside a green salad for a light lunch. Add them to a game-day or holiday spread. I assure you they will disappear quickly.
- Phyllo shells can be found in the freezer section of your local supermarket.
See the recipe card for complete instructions and ingredient amounts.
- Bake the phyllo shells according to package directions. Let cool.
- Chop the bacon, arugula, and tomatoes into small dice. Add to a bowl. Set aside.
- Stir together the mayo, fresh herbs, and lemon juice.
- Add half of the sauce to the bacon, arugula, and tomato mixture and fold together.
- Fill the shells with the BLT mixture.
- Top each BLT cup with a dollop of the remaining sauce and garnish with chopped chives.
- Serve immediately.
Mini phyllo shells are miniature cups made from layers of phyllo dough. They are available in the freezer section of most supermarkets near the puff pastry and pie crusts. They're perfect for making mini appetizers or desserts (like these lemon curd tarts). Just bake for a few minutes, cool, and fill with your favorite sweet or savory toppings.
No, I don't recommend preparing these appetizer cups until right before you are ready to serve. The phyllo shells will become soggy if filled too much ahead of time. It's also best to chop the fresh basil right before adding it to the sauce.
These shells are ideal for both sweet and savory snacks. Try these tasty combinations:
S'mores - chocolate pudding, graham cracker crumbs, and mini marshmallows.
Apple pie - diced apples, caramel sauce, and chopped nuts.
Roast beef - deli diced roast beef and a dollop of horseradish sauce.
Spinach - creamed spinach and swiss cheese.
Brie - cubed Brie and fig preserves.
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
BLT Appetizer Cups with Lemon Herb Mayo
- 30 mini phyllo shells (2 packages)
- ½ cup finely diced tomatoes
- 1 cup arugula (finely chopped)
- 4 slices bacon (cooked and finely chopped)
Lemon Herb Mayo
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- Place the phyllo shells on a baking sheet. Bake according to package directions. Set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, arugula, and bacon to a bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the mayonnaise, basil, chives, and lemon juice. Whisk to combine. Add half of the sauce to the BLT mixture. Fold to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the shells. Top with a dollop of the remaining sauce. Garnish with chopped chives. Serve immediately.
- Dice the ingredients finely so the mixture fits easily into the shells.
- Wait to fill the shells until just before serving so the shells do not become soggy.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.
This post was originally published in August 2018 and has been updated.