Triple Decker Turkey Club Sandwich – made with fresh, readily-available ingredients, this sandwich has layers of flavors and textures. Great for lunch or as a light dinner.
This triple-decker sandwich is one part turkey sandwich and one part BLT. Layered with lots of flavors and textures, there’s nothing ordinary about this sandwich. The ingredients are fresh and readily available. You can easily prep this sandwich for a quick weekday lunch or a fuss-free dinner.
What is a Club sandwich?
A club sandwich is bread layered with turkey or chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise. Some versions may also include ham and/or cheese. These sandwiches are typically cut in triangular halves or quarters and secured with toothpicks, if necessary. A triple-decker club has three slices of bread with two layers of ingredients.
This sandwich is made with simple ingredients so it’s important for those ingredients to be fresh and of good quality.
- bread – fresh bakery bread is best. Any variety is fine. Use what you love.
- turkey – deli-sliced turkey (or chicken) is perfect in this sandwich. You can also use leftover roasted turkey.
- bacon – I like thick-cut bacon for a meaty bite, but any variety is delicious.
- lettuce – crisp varieties like romaine or iceberg work best in this sandwich.
- tomatoes – use thin slices of vine-ripened tomatoes.
- mayo – mayonnaise combined with chives, salt, and pepper provides another layer of flavor.
How to make
With just a few easy steps, it only takes a few minutes to assemble this sandwich for a quick weekday lunch.
- Toast the bread. Toasting the bread is optional. Club sandwiches can be served on either bread or toast. Toasting the bread adds another layer of texture and holds up well in this sandwich.
- Mix the chive mayo – add chopped chives to mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mayo on one side of each slice of bread.
- Layer one slice of bread with lettuce, turkey, tomato, and lettuce.
- Top with the second slice of bread, mayo side down. Spread the top with more mayonnaise.
- Layer this second slice of bread with lettuce, tomato, bacon, and lettuce.
- Top with the third slice of bread, mayo side down.
- Cut in half diagonally and in half again, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe makes one sandwich, but you can simply double or triple the recipe as needed.
- Serve this turkey club with potato chips and pickles.
- Easy Creamy Coleslaw and Creamy Cucumber Salad are also great side dish options.
More easy lunch ideas
- Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwich
- Loaded Egg Salad with Bacon
- Tortilla Roll Ups with Corned Beef, Green Olives, and Scallions
Triple Decker Turkey Club Sandwich
- 3 slices white bread (or bread of your choice)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- salt and pepper
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves cut in half crosswise
- 3 ounces deli-sliced turkey or chicken
- 6 slices vine-ripened tomato sliced thin
- 3 slices bacon cooked
- Toast the bread.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, chives, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with the mayo.
- Top one slice of bread with lettuce, turkey, tomato, and lettuce. Top with the second slice of bread, mayo side down, and spread mayo on the top.
- Layer the second slice of bread with lettuce, tomato, bacon, and lettuce. Top with the third slice of bread, mayo side down.
- Cut in half diagonally and serve immediately.
Thanks for sharing!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. You can also post a photo on Instagram and tag me @mycasualpantry and use hashtag #mycasualpantry. I love seeing what you are making!