Chicken Salad Croissant – creamy chicken salad served on buttery, flaky croissants. Perfect for brunch, weekday lunch, or bridal or baby showers.
Chicken salad is one of my favorite ways to use up leftover chicken. And these sandwiches are so good, I often make extra chicken just so I can make this salad. I love the combination of creamy dressing, crisp celery, sweet grapes, and crunchy almonds.
There are lots of ways to serve chicken salad, but my favorite is piling the salad on soft buttery croissants. These croissant sandwiches make the most delicious lunch or brunch dish. They are also special enough for bridal or baby showers.
This salad is loaded with classic chicken salad ingredients.
- Chicken – chop up leftover chicken breasts or grab a rotisserie chicken at the supermarket.
- Grapes – grapes add sweetness to the salad. Raisins, dried cherries, or cranberries can also be used.
- Celery – adds a crisp, crunchy texture.
- Almonds – walnuts or pecans are delicious too. The nuts can be left out if desired.
- Creamy dressing – a blend of mayonnaise, mustard, and seasonings holds the salad together.
- Croissants – these buttery and flaky rolls are the perfect vehicle for chicken salad!
Croissant sandwiches look fancy but they are so easy to prepare.
- The chicken salad can be made in advance and will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. This will help the flavors to blend, but the salad is also delicious eaten immediately.
- Don’t assemble the sandwiches until ready to eat. This will keep the croissants from turning soggy.
- Chicken salad is delicious served sandwich-style but is equally delicious served on a bed of greens or in a hollowed-out tomato, bell pepper, or avocado. I also love eating this salad with crackers.
Thanks for sharing!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag me @mycasualpantry and use hashtag #mycasualpantry. I love to see what you are making!
More chicken recipes to try
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Grilled Chicken Caprese Salad
- Barbecue Chicken Nachos
- Cap’n Crunch Chicken Tenders
- Easy Grilled Chicken
Creamy chicken salad sandwiched between a buttery croissant.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and chopped
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 3/4 cup red grapes halved
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 3-4 croissants medium-large
- lettuce leaves for garnish
For the dressing: in a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Add the chicken, celery, grapes, scallions, and almonds. Gently fold until the dressing evenly coats all of the ingredients.
Slice the croissants in half. To one half of a croissant, add lettuce and a large scoop of chicken salad. Top with the other half of the croissant. Serve.