Easy Creamy Coleslaw is a quick and easy recipe with a three-ingredient dressing. Creamy and delicious!
With Labor Day weekend just around the corner, I wanted to share my recipe for creamy coleslaw. This is the perfect side dish for picnics and barbecues and can easily be doubled for larger gatherings.
This recipe is super easy because it starts with pre-shredded coleslaw mix. You can certainly shred your own cabbage and carrots, but the mix is convenient and ready to use. I like to add in thinly sliced red onion - for both flavor and color.
The dressing for this slaw is the real winner in this recipe. With only three ingredients - Miracle Whip, sugar, and apple cider vinegar - this dressing is tangy, creamy, and slightly sweet. I love the tang that Miracle Whip gives this dressing, but if you prefer mayonnaise, you can use it instead.
Ways to serve coleslaw
Coleslaw is a versatile salad and is delicious served alongside so many different things.
- burgers or hotdogs
- barbecue ribs
- fried chicken
- on top of a grilled turkey and cheese sandwich (also known as the "Rachel")
- on top of a pulled pork or chicken sandwich
- great for picnics or cookouts
- ideal for church potlucks
Whether you're hosting a cookout or need a dish to pass at the church potluck, this Easy Creamy Coleslaw is just perfect.
More salad recipes
- Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad
- Caprese Salad with Balsamic Glaze
- BLT Pasta Salad with Creamy Dressing
- Greek Chickpea Salad
- Corn and Black Bean Salad with Avocado and Cilantro
- Classic Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
- Garden Salad with Balsamic Mustard Dressing
Easy Creamy Coleslaw
- 14 ounces pre-shredded cabbage mix ((Coleslaw blend))
- ¼ - ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 cup Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Add the cabbage mix and red onions to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together the Miracle Whip, sugar, and apple cider vinegar. Pour over the cabbage mixture and toss to combine.
- Can be served immediately or refrigerated for 2-3 hours to blend flavors. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 4-5 days.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.