Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad is a flavorful and colorful recipe that adds ease to your summer meals. This flavor combination is a winner every time.
Bright and colorful salads that are easy to prepare are staples of summer. After all, aren't we all looking for ways to spend a little less time in the kitchen during these warm summer months? This salad is the answer! No cooking required and very minimal prep. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and toss to combine. Yes, it's that simple!
- Sweet corn - fresh off the cob or frozen are both delicious. For a little extra prep work, grill the fresh corn first to add some smoky flavor.
- Tomatoes - I like using grape or small, bite-sized tomatoes. If using cherry tomatoes, cut them in half.
- Avocado - adds a wonderful creaminess to the salad.
- Scallions - adds mild onion flavor along with light green color.
- Cotija cheese - a hard, crumbly cheese that adds a salty bite that pairs well with the other ingredients.
- Lime juice - brightens up all of the flavors and prevents the avocado from turning brown.
- White pepper - I like (invisible) white pepper in this salad. Salt can be added to taste, but the Cotija cheese is plenty salty on its own.
- Cilantro/parsley - Add as a garnish for a pop of color and freshness. For cilantro fans, extra can be tossed in with the other ingredients.
This Corn, Tomato and Avocado salad needs to be added to your summer meal line-up ASAP! It's super easy to mix together, bright and colorful, and absolutely full of flavor.
If you try this recipe, please leave me a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation.
Other summer salads
- Caprese Salad with Balsamic Glaze
- Corn Panzanella Salad with Garlic Toast Croutons
- BLT Pasta Salad with Creamy Dressing
- Chickpea Antipasto Salad
- Greek Chickpea Salad
- Watermelon and Feta Salad with Jalapeno Lime Syrup
Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad
- 4 cups sweet corn fresh or frozen
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 8 scallions chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- 5 ounces Cotija cheese crumbled
- 1 ½ limes juiced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- white pepper to taste
- cilantro or parsley for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, scallions, avocado, and cheese. Toss gently. Add the lime juice and oil and toss to coat. Season with white pepper to taste. Garnish with cilantro or parsley.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to allow flavors to blend, but this salad is equally good served immediately. Refrigerate leftovers for 2-3 days.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.