Tortilla Roll-Ups with Corned Beef, Green Olives, and Scallions - a delicious, make-ahead appetizer perfect for any party. Spinach and sun-dried tomato tortillas add festive color and make these roll-ups ideal for Christmas.
Tortilla roll-ups are the perfect appetizer. They are make-ahead and bite-sized. Add in spinach and sun-dried tomato tortillas for festive color, and these roll-ups are just what your holiday snack table needs.
Tortilla roll-ups are often filled with a flavored cream cheese mixture and sliced into bite-size pieces. They can also be filled with deli meats and cheeses - anything you would put on a sandwich.
This recipe blends cream cheese with chopped green olives, scallions, and corned beef. Garlic powder and onion powder are added for seasoning.
How do you make tortilla roll-ups?
- Cream cheese - Always start with room temperature cream cheese. It's much easier to blend other ingredients into the cream cheese when it is soft. The soft cream cheese mixture also spreads easily onto the tortillas.
- Tortillas - Use any variety of tortillas that you like. I love the spinach and sun-dried tomato variety because they are so delicious, but they also add festive color during the holidays.
- Spreading the filling - Use about ¼ cup of cream cheese mixture per each 10-inch tortilla. Spread the mixture all the way to the edges.
- Rolling the tortillas - Starting on one side, roll the tortillas tightly. No need to fold in the sides. The wonky ends will get cut off before slicing and serving.
- Chilling the tortillas - Wrap the tortillas in plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. The roll-ups will firm up and be easier to slice.
- Slicing and serving - Cut off the uneven ends and set aside for snacking on later. Cut the tortillas into ½-inch slices. Arrange on a platter. Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container.
Can you make tortilla roll-ups ahead of time?
Tortilla roll-ups are the perfect make-ahead snack. The prepared tortillas need to be chilled, so it's best to make them a day ahead of time. Then, the day of your party, slice and serve. It's that simple!
These savory bites are always a hit at parties. This easy, make-ahead recipe is just the ticket during the chaos of the holidays. For smaller gatherings, simply halve the recipe.
More appetizer recipes
- Easy Cucumber Canapes
- Maple Dijon Bacon Wrapped Smoked Sausage
- Everything Bagel Cheese Ball
- Rosemary Orange and Garlic Marinated Olives
- Roasted Radishes and Green Beans with Blue Cheese Butter
- Roasted Mini Sweet Peppers with Goat Cheese
Tortilla Roll Ups with Corned Beef, Green Olives, and Scallions
- 16 ounces cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 4 ounces deli corned beef ((approx. 6 slices), chopped)
- 8 scallions (chopped plus extra for garnish)
- ½ pimiento-stuffed green olives (chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 3 spinach tortillas ((10 inch))
- 3 sun-dried tomato tortillas ((10 inch))
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, chopped olives, scallions, and corned beef. Stir until combined.
- On a tortilla, spread approx. ¼ cup of the cream cheese mixture, spreading to the edges. Roll up the tortilla and set aside. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Wrap the roll-ups in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Slice into ½-inch slices and serve on a platter, garnished with chopped scallions.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.