Easy Cucumber Canapes - these delicious small bites are perfect for parties or brunch spreads. Four ingredients and five minutes is all you need to make these appetizers.
Mother's Day is tomorrow and these cucumber canapes are the easiest small bites to pull together. Add to a brunch spread for a fancy-looking nibble.
A canape is a small bite-sized hor d'oeuvre (appetizer). Canapes are often served as party food, but these cucumber canapes are also the perfect addition to brunch. These small bites come together in 5 minutes and are perfect for a Mother's Day celebration.
- garlic and herb cheese spread
- sun-dried tomatoes
- fresh basil
Top slices of cucumber with a dollop of cheese spread. I like to use Boursin garlic and herb spread. Then top with sun-dried tomatoes and a fresh basil leaf. Finish with a touch of salt, if desired.
Easy cucumber canapes are fuss-free and the perfect touch for Mother's Day. If you try these canapes, please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry.
More small bites recipes to try:
- Marinated Mozzarella Balls
- Prosciutto Melon Basil Skewers with Chili Lime Salt
- Tortilla Roll Ups with Corned Beef, Green Olives, and Scallions
- Southern Style Deviled Eggs
- Roasted Mini Sweet Peppers with Goat Cheese
- Mango Pineapple Salsa
Easy Cucumber Canapes
- 1 large seedless cucumber
- 5 ounces garlic and herb cheese spread, like Boursin softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes drained and chopped
- fresh basil
- sea salt for garnish
- Trim the ends off of the cucumber. Peel the cucumber in alternating stripes, if desired. Slice the cucumber into ½ inch slices. (One large seedless cucumber should yield about 18-20 slices). Set aside.
- Add the softened cheese to a bowl and stir until smooth. Add to a piping bag fitted with a tip. Pipe the cheese onto each cucumber slice. Top with sun-dried tomato and fresh basil. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Serve.