Lemon Curd Tartlets – the easiest no-fuss dessert. Phyllo tart shells are filled with lemon curd and garnished with lemon zest and blueberries. A perfect sweet treat for hot summer days.
I’m all about easy fuss-free desserts in the summertime. And these Lemon Curd Tartlets take the cake… I mean tart! (lol) This recipe is beyond easy. Just assemble and enjoy.
I’m a little embarrassed to call this a recipe because of its ease and simplicity. These tarts are really more of a method than a recipe. With shortcut store-bought ingredients, it only takes a few minutes to prepare these tartlets.
- lemon curd – for ease and convenience, I’m using store-bought lemon curd. If you choose, you can make your own lemon curd.
- phyllo tart shells – these shells are found in the freezer section of your local supermarket.
- blueberries – I love lemon and blueberry together, so I choose to garnish with blueberries. Raspberries would be delicious too.
- lemon zest – fresh lemon zest is so pretty and punches up the lemon flavor.
How to assemble
For added crispness, pre-bake the shells if recommended per the package directions. Spoon 1-2 teaspoons of lemon curd into each shell. Garnish each with blueberries and lemon zest. Add a dusting of powdered sugar or a dollop of whipped cream if desired.
Can I make these tartlets ahead of time?
No, I don’t recommend preparing these tarts ahead of time. The phyllo shells will start to absorb the moisture from the curd and lose their crisp texture. There’s really no need to prep these tarts ahead of time since they only take a few short minutes to assemble.
More serving ideas
Since this recipe is really more of a method, there are so many options for changing up the flavors. Swap out the lemon curd and blueberries for other ingredients and flavors you love. These are some of my favorites.
- S’mores – chocolate hazelnut spread topped with mini marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs
- Ice cream sundae – vanilla pudding topped with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and a cherry
- Cookies and cream – chocolate or vanilla pudding topped with crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- Key lime pie – lime curd topped with whipped cream and a slice of lime
- Salted caramel – vanilla pudding topped with a drizzle of caramel sauce and chopped peanuts
- Fresh berries – mascarpone cheese topped with fresh berries – blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries
- Cannoli – mascarpone cheese topped with mini chocolate chips.
Other easy dessert recipes
- Berry Fruit Salad with Mint Syrup
- Grilled Peaches with Goat Cheese and Mint Thyme Honey
- Salted Chocolate Butterscotch Fudge
- Frozen Lemonade Pie
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza
- Chocolate Chip Mascarpone Dip
Crispy phyllo shells filled with lemon curd and blueberries. A simple, no-fuss sweet treat.
- 1.9 ounces phyllo tart shells 15 count package
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- blueberries for garnish
- lemon zest for garnish
For added crispness, bake the phyllo shells as directed per the package instructions.
Fill each phyllo shell with 1-2 teaspoons lemon curd. Top with blueberries and lemon zest.
Thanks for sharing!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. You can also post a photo on Instagram @mycasualpantry and use hashtag #mycasualpantry.