Chocolate Chip Mascarpone dip is a velvety and sweet dip made with mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, powdered sugar, a hint of vanilla, and miniature chocolate chips.
I’m totally a dip girl. Chips and dip are a weakness of mine for sure. But dips don’t have to be limited to the savory. Sweet dips are fabulous too and are wonderful served for brunch or dessert.
Five ingredient dip
- mascarpone cheese
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- miniature chocolate chips
This dip is only slightly sweet, infused with a hint of vanilla, and studded with chocolate. After all, everything is better finished with chocolate.
What is mascarpone cheese?
Mascarpone cheese is an Italian cream cheese that is thickened with the addition of an acid, such as lemon juice or citric acid. It’s slighter sweet than traditional cream cheese and much higher in fat which gives it a very silky, melt-in-your-mouth consistency.
Mascarpone cheese is best known as an ingredient in tiramisu, a popular Italian dessert flavored with coffee and chocolate. I love the more delicate texture of mascarpone and the slight sweetness makes it perfect in this dessert dip. Chocolate chip mascarpone dip is a sweet dip – but not overly so. Served with fruit, cookies, and graham crackers, this dip is delicious as an easy dessert. No-bake; no fuss!
How to Prepare
This dip is so easy to prepare and it can be served immediately. You can also make it ahead of time and refrigerate, but it’s not necessary. Simply blend the mascarpone cheese and cream cheese with a hand mixer or in a food processor until combined. Blend in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips and serve.
How to Serve
I like serving this dip with strawberries and a variety of cookies. It makes for such a pretty presentation. The options are many and aren’t limited to:
- graham crackers – chocolate, cinnamon, or honey
- vanilla wafer cookies
- Biscoff or shortbread cookies
- chocolate bars
- pretzels – the sweet and salty combo is a winner!
Add this dip to a dessert spread, a brunch table, or a snack buffet. If serving for the holidays such as Easter or Christmas, serve with seasonal fruit and cookies.
More sweet recipes you may enjoy
- Berry Fruit Salad with Mint Syrup
- Cherry Pie Turnovers with Almond Orange Glaze
- Grilled Peaches with Goat Cheese and Mint Thyme Honey
- Candied Orange Mascarpone Tart
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza
Chocolate Chip Mascarpone Dip
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the room temperature (1) Mascarpone and cream cheeses. Blend until incorporated. A hand mixer can also be used.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and blend until combined and smooth. Fold in chocolate chips. Serve.
Thanks for sharing!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. You can also post a photo on Instagram and tag me @mycasualpantry with hashtag #mycasualpantry. I love to see what you are making.
Author’s note: This post was originally published in March 2019 and has been updated.