Nachos for dessert? Absolutely! These Ice Cream Nachos combine sugary chips topped with ice cream and your favorite sundae toppings. A delicious, finger-licking end to any meal.
Fun dessert for all ages
Move over salty tortilla chips and melted cheese! I'm reinventing this classic snack and turning it into dessert.
These ice cream sundae nachos are as fun to make as they are to eat! Sweet chips topped with ice cream and sundae toppings add a whimsical twist on dessert.
If you love sweet snacks, try Chocolate Chip Mascarpone Dip.
- Cinnamon sugar pita chips - These are the most incredible base for these sweet nachos. The cinnamon sugar crunch is everything and they hold up really well under all of the toppings.
- Vanilla ice cream - I kept it traditional with vanilla, but any flavor ice cream can be used.
- Sundae toppings - Caramel sauce, hot fudge, whipped cream, maraschino cherries, and sprinkles round out the garnishes. Feel free to customize with your favorites.
Instructions for assembling
- Arrange the pita chips on a plate.
- Top with scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Drizzle caramel sauce and hot fudge over the ice cream and the pita chips.
- Garnish with whipped cream, cherries, and sprinkles.
- Serve immediately.
Toppings and variations
There is no right or wrong way to create these dessert nachos. Anything you enjoy eating with ice cream is fair game. Try any of these add-ins.
- Butterscotch or strawberry sauce
- Mini marshmallows
- Crushed cookies
- Chocolate chips or M&M's
- Chopped candy bars
- Crushed pineapple or strawberries
- Sliced bananas
In place of cinnamon sugar pita chips, try waffle or sugar cones broken into large pieces. Graham crackers, chocolate wafer cookies, or thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies can also be used.
Occasions for dessert nachos
This sweet snack will bring the "party" to any party! Add these nachos to a game day spread or serve for family game or movie night. This treat is ideal for slumber parties or a fun birthday celebration.
Ice cream nachos are sure to be a family favorite. Enjoy!
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
Ice Cream Sundae Nachos
- 7 ounces cinnamon sugar pita chips
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- caramel sauce
- hot fudge
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherries
- Arrange the pita chips on a large plate.
- Top with the ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce and hot fudge. Garnish with whipped cream, cherries, and sprinkles. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.
Leave a Comment