Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn takes a salty favorite to a sweet level with a chocolate peanut butter coating and plenty of candy and nuts. This sweet and salty combo is so easy to make and is the perfect snack.
Why you will love this popcorn
At one time or another, we've all had gourmet popcorn from the store at the mall or from mail-order companies that are so popular during the holidays. But, I'm going to show you how easy it is to make this delectable snack at home. So you can enjoy this treat any time the craving hits!
Chocolate peanut butter popcorn is a tasty blend of salty and sweet. This treat is perfect for game day, movie night, and even holiday gift-giving.
- popcorn - I like to start with a low-calorie lightly salted popcorn given all of the indulgent ingredients that I'm adding. Use your favorite brand of popcorn. Start with what you like.
- baking chocolate bar - I'm using 60% bittersweet chocolate so the popcorn isn't overly sweet when combined with the candy toppings. Semi-sweet chocolate is perfectly fine too.
- peanut butter - I prefer creamy because it melts completely smooth with the chocolate.
- mini peanut butter cups
- Reese's pieces candy
- mini chocolate chips
Quick and easy preparation
- Divide the popcorn between two sheet pans lined with parchment paper.
- Add the chocolate bar and peanut butter to a saucepan set over low heat. Heat, stirring frequently, until completely melted and smooth, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drizzle half of the chocolate mixture over each pan of popcorn. Using two spoons or spatulas, toss the popcorn to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle the candy and nuts over the top of the popcorn. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the chocolate is set. Break apart and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
A fun treat for fall and Halloween
This chocolate-coated popcorn is a perfect treat for fall with the orange, yellow, and brown candies. For other seasons, swap out Reese's pieces for other holiday-themed chocolate-coated candies.
Sheet pan | Parchment paper | Saucepan
More snack recipes you may enjoy
Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn
- 9 ounces lightly salted popcorn
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate baking bar (chopped)
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½-2/3 cup Reese's pieces candy
- ½-2/3 cup miniature Reese's peanut butter cups
- ½ cup miniature chocolate chips
- ½-2/3 cup peanuts
- Line two half-sheet pans with parchment paper. Divide the popcorn between the two pans and spread into an even layer. Set aside.
- Add the chopped chocolate and peanut butter to a small saucepan set over low heat. Heat until the mixture is completely melted and smooth, stirring frequently.
- Drizzle half of the chocolate mixture over each pan of popcorn. Toss the popcorn to evenly coat with the mixture.
- Sprinkle half of the candy and nuts over each pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the chocolate is set. Break apart and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.
Leave a Comment