Chips and Dips meet snack board in this epic assortment of potato and tortilla chips. Pair with your favorite salsa and dips for the ultimate party, movie, or game-day snack.
Move over cheese and crackers! Today we are creating an epic chips and dip platter. The ultimate in game-day munching or movie-night noshing. If you are a salty snacker or have a potato chip weakness like I do, this board is for you!
Why you will love this
Components for building the board
To create the ultimate chips and dips board as pictured, I used the following items:
- Dark russet kettle-cooked chips
- Sea salt kettle-cooked chips
- Mesquite barbecue kettle-cooked chips
- Crinkle-cut truffle and sea salt chips
- Blue corn tortilla chips
- Jarred salsa
- Caramelized onion dip
- Blue cheese horseradish chive dip - see the recipe below
For more delicious inspiration:
Blue cheese horseradish chive dip
In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Stir to combine. Garnish with extra chives and blue cheese crumbles.
Build the chips board in two easy steps
- Fill small bowls with dips and/or salsas. Place on the board.
- Arrange the assorted chips around the dips, filling all the space on the board.
Tips for making
- Use a board or tray with raised edges to help contain all of the chips. You can pack more chips onto the board this way!
- Line the board with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Use thick, sturdy chips that will hold up well to dipping and dunking. Kettle-cooked potato chips are a great choice.
- If using homemade dips, make them ahead of time. Then simply build the board when ready to serve.
- This board is a great opportunity to try new chip flavors.
Pull this chip and dips board together for backyard BBQs, the big game, or family movie night. It's guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser!
If you find yourself with leftovers, cover the separate bowls with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Keep the chips fresh in airtight containers or zipper-top bags.
Chips and Dip Snack Board
Blue Cheese Horseradish Chive Dip
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
Snack Board - use any variety of chips. To create the board as pictured, use the following:
- 1 - 1 ½ cups jarred salsa
- 1 - 1 ½ cups caramelized onion dip
- 7-9 ounces mesquite barbecue potato chips
- 7-9 ounces crinkle cut truffle potato chips
- 7-9 ounces dark russet kettle potato chips
- 7-9 ounces sea salt kettle potato chips
- 7-9 ounces blue corn tortilla chips
Blue Cheese Horseradish Chive Dip
- In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, mayo, chives, horseradish, blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and white wine vinegar. Stir together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill three bowls with the salsa, blue cheese horseradish chive dip and caramelized onion dip. Arrange the bowls on the board.
- Arrange the assortment of chips around the dips, filling in all of the space.
- The board I used is 13x21.
- Store leftover dips in the refrigerator. Keep the chips fresh in airtight containers.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.
This post was originally published in September 2019 and has been updated.