This salad has been a long time favorite of mine. First of all, it's simply delicious. Secondly, it comes together quickly. The other ingredients can be prepped while the orzo cooks. Thirdly, this salad pairs well with so many things: burgers, grilled chicken, grilled steak. It also works great by itself as a nice change-up to a weekday lunch. Lastly, but certainly not least, this salad is perfect for summer gatherings since it can be eaten at room temperature.
Start by cooking the orzo according to package directions. Drain, rinse and set aside to cool.
While the orzo cooks, prep the other ingredients: cucumbers, red onion, black olives, tomatoes, feta cheese. Add all of this goodness to a mixing bowl with the orzo.
Toss gently to combine, being careful not to break up the feta.
For the dressing, whisk together the lemon zest and juice, dijon mustard, and honey. Pour dressing over orzo mixture and stir to combine.
Refrigerate to allow flavors to blend. Add this to your summer table today!
Greek Orzo Salad
- 8 ounces orzo
- 2 mini cucumbers or ½ medium cucumber, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 3 ounces black olives, sliced
- 5 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain, rinse and add to mixing bowl.
- Dice cucumbers and red onion. Slice the black olives. Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise and cut feta cheese into cubes. Add to the bowl with the orzo. Stir gently to combine, being careful not to break apart the feta.
- For the dressing, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, dijon mustard and the honey. Pour over the salad and toss gently.
- Refrigerate to allow flavors to blend.