Greek Rice Bowls with Feta Spread – the perfect meal-prep recipe with lots of flavor and texture topped with the most incredible feta spread. You will want this feta spread in your life!
I love rice bowls for many reasons. They are versatile, perfect for meal prep, and portable. Rice bowls are really more of a method than a recipe. Customize with ingredients you like or have on hand. The options are really endless.
Greek Rice Bowls with Feta Spread
Greek rice bowls are filled with lots of Greek-inspired fixings – cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, kalamata olives, and lemon wedges. But the crowning jewel of these bowls is the feta spread. I don’t know where feta spread has been all my life, but I’m in love! This spread is so incredibly good, so addicting. Creamy and fluffy with lots of lemon flavor. This feta spread will change your world.
This recipe makes about 2 cups of feta spread, which is way more than is needed for the rice bowls. But trust me – you will want extra feta spread in your refrigerator. Use as a dip with pita chips, spread on burgers, or add to a veggie wrap. This stuff is amazing. With two main ingredients plus seasonings, this spread couldn’t be easier.
- feta cheese – I prefer Greek, grass-fed feta. It’s the best in my opinion. I also like using block feta – it always seems fresher than the crumbled.
- cream cheese – a little bit of cream cheese helps add creaminess to this spread. Make sure the cream cheese is room temperature.
- seasonings – dried oregano, dried thyme, black pepper, minced garlic
- freshly-squeezed lemon juice – I love lemon with feta and it adds wonderful brightness to this spread.
Blend the ingredients together in a food processor until light and creamy. Grab a few pita chips and give it a taste. Awesomely good. Just make sure to save enough to dollop on top of the rice bowls!
Assembling the Greek Rice Bowls with Feta Spread
If you can pull yourself away from the feta spread for a few minutes, that’s all it takes to pull together these rice bowls.
- Cooked rice – the base for these bowls. I love brown rice, but white rice or quinoa can be used too. Use whatever you have on hand.
- Veggies – slice or chop cucumbers, grape tomatoes, and red onion.
- Kalamata olives – I love the brininess of these olives.
- Feta spread – add a large dollop – or two – right in the center of the rice bowl.
- Garnishes – add lemon wedges, chopped scallions, cilantro, or parsley, a drizzle of olive oil, and pita chips.
Leftover chicken or salmon makes a delicious addition to these rice bowls, too. You can really customize these bowls in endless ways. If you try this recipe, please leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation.
More vegetable-filled recipes to try
- Israeli Couscous with Mushrooms and Thyme
- Spaghetti Squash with Creamed Spinach and Pancetta
- Easy Cauliflower Gnocchi with Pesto and Blistered Tomatoes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Butternut Squash and Pancetta
- Halloumi Fajitas
- Grilled Vegetables with Orzo and Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- Roasted Radishes and Green Beans with Blue Cheese Butter
Easy rice bowls with lots of flavor and textures. Perfect for meal prep and a great way to use up leftover rice.
- 14 ounces block feta cheese (I prefer Greek feta)
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- juice of one lemon
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- lemon wedges for garnish
- chopped scallions for garnish
- pita chips for garnish
- olive oil for a finishing drizzle
Add the feta cheese to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times until the cheese resembles crumbs. Add the cream cheese and process until the mixture comes together and is smooth.
Add the oregano, thyme, pepper, garlic, and lemon juice. Process for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy, almost fluffy.
Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate extra spread.
To each of two medium-sized bowls, add half of the ingredients starting with the rice. Top with the cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, and olives. Top with a spoonful of feta spread and garnish with scallions, lemon wedges, a drizzle of olive oil, and pita chips.
This recipe makes two rice bowls. To meal prep or make larger quantities, the recipe can easily be doubled as needed.
The recipe for feta spread yields approx. 2 cups. Save the extra for snacking, spreading on burgers, or adding to veggie wraps.