Roasted Broccolini with Pistachio and Lemon - tender broccolini is roasted with garlic-infused oil and topped with pistachios and lemon. A bright, flavorful side dish that is the perfect accompaniment to any main dish.
Broccolini has become one of my favorite vegetables. It's tender-crisp, slightly sweet, and more delicate than broccoli. And broccolini is good for you. So I like to think that eating lots of this broccolini helps to offset all of the chips and dip that I've been indulging in lately!
Roasting is my favorite way to cook vegetables. It brings out their sweetness and roasting is SO easy. When I roast veggies, I typically roast extra because they can be used in so many dishes:
- add to fajitas or quesadillas
- add to scrambled eggs, quiche, or frittatas
- puree into a vegetable soup
- add to a rice bowl
5-ingredient side dish
This easy recipe has just five ingredients but they are packed with flavor.
- olive oil
- lemon zest
First, start by infusing the olive oil with garlic. Then toss the broccolini with the infused oil. Roast the broccolini at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until the desired doneness. I like the broccolini to still have a crisp-tender texture. Transfer the broccolini to a serving platter and top with chopped pistachios and lemon zest.
This dish should serve 2-4 as a side dish, but I can easily eat most of it myself. This broccolini is addicting - the flavor punch of lemon and garlic combined with the crunch of the pistachios. Delicious!
Veggie side dishes can be boring, but this roasted broccolini is anything but boring.
- Roasted Broccoli and Potatoes with Lemon and Garlic
- Roasted Green Beans with Orange Butter and Crispy Pancetta
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Butternut Squash and Pancetta
- Maple Ginger Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Artichoke Hearts
- Roasted Radishes and Green Beans with Blue Cheese Butter
Roasted Broccolini with Pistachios and Lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (smashed)
- 2 bunches broccolini
- 1 tablespoon pistachios (chopped)
- 2 lemons (zested)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, add the olive oil and smashed garlic to a small saucepan. Heat over low heat for 5 minutes to infuse the oil. Discard the garlic cloves.
- Arrange the broccolini on a sheet pan and drizzle the garlic oil over the top. Toss to evenly coat the broccolini. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the pistachios in a small skillet set over low heat. Remove from the heat when you can smell the nuts, approx. 3-4 minutes. Chop and set aside.
- Transfer the broccolini to a serving platter and top with the chopped pistachios and the lemon zest.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.