Mango Pineapple Salsa is a delicious twist on a classic. Fresh, sweet, and colorful, this salsa is perfect with tortilla chips or as a topping for grilled chicken or fish.
I have a new love in my life! I'm talking about this Mango Pineapple Salsa. I've been going crazy for this flavor combination. My daughter is loving it too! The sweet and spicy combo is an absolute winner. This salsa is so fresh and colorful.
What's in Mango Pineapple Salsa?
- Mango - so sweet and delicious. Adds beautiful color too!
- Pineapple - sweet and juicy. Pairs beautifully with mango.
- Red onion - gives an oniony bite with mild heat. Adds a punch of purple color.
- Pickled jalapenos - provides a more mild heat and a sweet but acidic bite. For more heat, use raw jalapeno.
- Lime juice - adds some acidity and brightens up all of the other flavors.
- Cilantro - I love the flavor and the freshness and bright green color. If you are not a fan of cilantro, add parsley instead.
How to serve Mango Pineapple Salsa
There are so many ways to enjoy this salsa, so I recommend making a double batch!
- Grab a bag of tortilla chips - snack time doesn't get any better than chips and salsa - sweet and salty!
- Chicken, shrimp or fish tacos - a delicious way to add a fresh twist to taco night.
- Nachos - mango pineapple salsa is a wonderful addition to these Barbecue Chicken Nachos.
- Grilled chicken or fish - serve salsa on top of grilled chicken or fish for a delicious summer dinner.
- Fruit salad - serve by itself as fruit salad - with a little spicy kick. So refreshing on these hot summer days.
This salsa is SO delicious and has quickly become a family favorite. You will want to add this to your snack rotation for Labor Day or your menu for game day....football season is upon us. If you try this recipe, please leave me a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation.
More summer fruit recipes
- Grilled Peaches with Goat Cheese and Mint Thyme Honey
- Baked Berries with Puff Pastry Cinnamon Croutons
- Watermelon and Feta Salad with Jalapeno Lime Syrup
- Berry Fruit Salad with Mint Syrup
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza
Mango Pineapple Salsa
- 2 mangos diced
- 1 pineapple diced
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- ¼-1/3 cup finely diced pickled jalapenos
- 1 lime zest and juice
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine the diced mango, pineapple, onion, and pickled jalapenos. Toss together. Add the zest and juice of the lime and salt to taste. Stir in the cilantro.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate. Will keep for 3-4 days.