Grilled Fingerling Potatoes - these buttery potatoes are topped with crispy prosciutto and served with smoked paprika mayonnaise. Ready in less than 30 minutes, these potatoes are an easy, fuss-free side dish.
I love grilling all things during the summer. It imparts wonderful flavor and involves minimal clean-up. These potatoes are about as easy as it gets and can be served as an appetizer or a side dish.
Fingerling potatoes are oblong-shaped potatoes with a buttery, creamy texture. Their "finger" shape makes them perfect for snacking, especially when dipped in this flavorful smoked paprika mayo.
Prep: Fingerlings have thin skin and do not need to be peeled. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise for faster cooking. Cutting them in this fashion retains their pretty oblong shape. Toss them in a generous amount of oil to ensure there's no sticking on the grill.
While the potatoes are cooking, fry the prosciutto until crispy and mix the mayonnaise with the smoked paprika, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Grill pans: Grilling small items - like potatoes, veggies, or shrimp - can be challenging because they can easily slip through the grates. Grill pans are ideal for this. These metal pans have a perforated design that allows for that grilling flavor, while raised edges keep the food contained. Alternatively, if you don't have a grill pan, a cooling rack can also be used.
No grill? No problem: These potatoes are equally delicious roasted in the oven. Preheat a sheet pan in a 400-degree oven - this will help the potatoes to brown and crisp. Add the potatoes and roast until golden brown, 20-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Grilled fingerling potatoes are delicious served alongside beef, chicken, or pork. Skip traditional fries and serve with burgers or ribs. These grilled tots make a hearty appetizer or a wonderful side to your morning eggs.
Potatoes are extremely versatile and pair well with so many flavors. You can use whatever seasonings you have in your spice cabinet - from garlic powder and onion powder to oregano, rosemary, and thyme. The options are endless.
More potato recipes you may enjoy
- Lemon Rosemary Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Easy Roasted Potatoes
- Potato and Gruyere Galette
- Cheesy Twice-Baked Potatoes
- Roasted Potato Hash with Chorizo and Eggs
Grilled Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or similar
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces prosciutto sliced thin
- chives chopped, for garnish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Preheat the grill and grill pan over medium heat.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise. In a bowl, toss the potatoes with oil. Add the smoked paprika, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Put the potatoes on the grill pan in a single layer. Grill for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through until potatoes are golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat a skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced prosciutto and cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- To make the mayonnaise: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, seasonings, and vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Arrange the potatoes on a platter. Top with crumbled prosciutto and chopped chives, if desired. Serve with the smoked paprika mayonnaise.
Thanks for sharing!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. You can also post a photo on Instagram and tag me @mycasualpantry using hashtag #mycasualpantry. I love seeing what you are making.