Roasted Potatoes are seasoned and oven-roasted until tender and caramelized. The perfect accompaniment to steak, chicken, pork – well almost anything!
Roasted potatoes are one of my favorite go-to side dishes. They are easy to prepare and can be seasoned any which way you like! I like using baby potatoes because they are so creamy on the inside. But, larger potatoes can be used too. Just cut the potatoes into smaller, uniformly-sized chunks. It’s important for the potatoes to be cut into uniform pieces so they roast evenly.
Tips for making roasting potatoes
- Leave the smallest baby potatoes whole and cut the larger ones in half. For larger potatoes, cut into 3/4-1 inch pieces.
- Use a bowl to toss the potatoes with oil and seasonings. This helps use less oil and allows for evenly distributing the oil and seasonings over all of the potatoes.
- Preheat the sheet pan in the oven. The potatoes will start cooking as soon as they hit the hot pan – and I love that sizzle! Preheating the sheet pan also helps the potatoes not to stick.
- Using a stoneware baking sheet helps the potatoes to brown and caramelize. I love using this pan for roasting potatoes.
Seasoning for roasted potatoes
Potatoes can be seasoned with so many different flavors. Customize the seasoning to compliment the rest of the meal. These are some of my favorite seasonings for roasted potatoes.
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- lemon-pepper seasoning
- dried thyme
- dried oregano
- freshly ground black pepper
- steak seasoning (such as Montreal)
When the roasted potatoes are done, I like to top them with shredded cheese, bacon, chopped scallions, or fresh herbs. So many options and they are all delicious!
These roasted potatoes are the perfect side dish for my Crock Pot Corned Beef. You may also enjoy this sheet pan dinner that combines roasted potatoes with chicken. If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation.
Baby potatoes seasoned and roasted until they are creamy and tender and caramelized on the outside.
- 24 ounces baby potatoes, red or white
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- fresh thyme for garnish
Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Place sheet pan in the oven to preheat.
Cut the larger baby potatoes in half, leave the smaller ones whole. To a mixing bowl, add the potatoes, oil, and seasonings. Toss to combine. Spread the potatoes on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until brown and caramelized on the outside and tender on the inside. Garnish with fresh thyme.
This post may contain affiliate links.