Barbecue Chicken Nachos are piled high with chicken, red onion, loads of cheese, pickled jalapenos, and scallions. Equally perfect as a snack or as dinner!
Let's start by stating the obvious...melted cheese makes everything better. Enter exhibit A: a pile of tortilla chips with flavor-packed toppings covered in melted cheese! Yessss! I love cheese (I was born and raised in the dairy state after all) and I could practically live on cheese if I had to. I also love snack foods, so nachos are simply a no-brainer.
Nachos are perfect for game day snacking, but these Barbecue Chicken Nachos can do double duty as dinner too! I'm sure I'm not the only one who loves to eat appetizers for dinner!
Ingredients in Barbecue Chicken Nachos
- Tortilla chips - Use your favorite go-to brand. Restaurant-stye or bite-size, all varieties are delicious.
- Chicken - I toss sliced, cooked chicken breasts in barbecue sauce. The chicken can be cooked ahead of time, so when you are ready to make the nachos, it's simply a matter of assembling and baking. Rotisserie chicken also works great and saves a step.
- Red onion - Sliced red onion adds great flavor and color.
- Cheese - I use a combination of white cheddar and Pepperjack. These are good melting cheeses and have great flavor. I prefer to freshly shred the cheese. I think it melts better than the pre-shredded variety.
- Pickled jalapenos - I love the briny flavor and the zip that pickled jalapenos add to the nachos. Sliced raw jalapenos can also be used for a more spicy bite.
- Scallions - added before serving as a garnish. I love the flavor and color.
- Cilantro or parsley - as with the scallions, I add the herbs before serving as a garnish for both flavor and color.
Serve up the nachos with your favorite condiments. Sour cream, salsa, and guacamole (try my homemade guacamole recipe) are all delicious on nachos. An extra drizzle of barbecue sauce is tasty too!
These nachos are absolutely delicious. They are easy to pull together and bake up quickly. Spice up your next game day feast or change up your dinnertime routine with Barbecue Chicken Nachos. These nachos do not disappoint!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see what you are cooking up in your kitchen.
Other recipes you may also enjoy
- Reuben Nachos
- Chorizo and Black Bean Nachos
- Bacon and Blue Loaded Cheese Fries
- Hot Corn Dip
- Everything Bagel Snack Mix
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Maple Dijon Bacon Wrapped Smoked Sausage
Barbecue Chicken Nachos
- 12-14 ounces tortilla chips
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and sliced
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 ounces Pepperjack cheese shredded
- 2-3 slices red onion quartered
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos
- 3-4 scallions chopped
- cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a mixing bowl, add the sliced chicken and barbecue sauce and toss to coat. Set aside.
- On a sheet pan, arrange half of the tortilla chips. Top with half of the following: chicken, onions, and cheese. Top with the other half of the chips, chicken, onions, and cheese. Top with the jalapenos.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and tortillas are slightly brown around the edges. Garnish with scallions and cilantro or parsley.