Dorito Cheese Ball – this cheese ball is loaded with taco flavors and coated with crushed nacho cheese chips. The perfect addition to any snack table – movie nights, game days, or summer afternoons by the pool.
I love snacking and a cheese ball is a nice alternative to cheese and crackers. It’s the perfect snack for family game night, movie night, or a lazy summer afternoon on the porch.
Cheese balls are easy to prepare, feed many, and keep for several days in the refrigerator. With a base of cream cheese, it’s easy to customize the flavor with seasonings, spices, and add-ins.
Taco-inspired cheese ball
This dorito cheese ball has taco-inspired seasonings and is coated with crushed Doritos. SO GOOD!
- cream cheese – regular and whipped
- Mexican cheese blend
- chili powder
- cayenne pepper
- black olives
- Doritos (for coating)
Making a cheeseball is as simple as blending the ingredients together. Then form into a ball and chill before rolling in the coating mixture.
- Start with room temperature cream cheese. Softened cream cheese is essential in blending in the other ingredients smoothly and evenly.
- Use a stand mixer to make easy work of mixing the ingredients.
- Use plastic wrap to help form the cheese mixture into a ball.
- Refrigerate the cheese mixture before rolling in the coating. It’s much easier to roll the cheese in the coating when it’s firm.
- Let the cheese ball sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving so it is easier to spread.
- Serve with crackers, toasted slices of baguette, or carrots and celery.
Bonus Tip: Use leftover crushed Doritos as a coating for chicken breast. Super flavorful!
More appetizer recipes you may enjoy
- Everything Bagel Cheese Ball
- Everything Bagel Crackers with Whipped Scallion Cream Cheese
- Mini Cheese Balls with Fig and Prosciutto
- Easy Cucumber Canapes
- Roasted Mini Sweet Peppers with Goat Cheese
Thanks for sharing!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. You can also post a photo on Instagram and tag me @mycasualpantry and use hashtag #mycasualpantry. I love to see what you are making.
Loaded with taco flavors, this cheese ball is coated with crushed nacho cheese chips.
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 8 ounces finely shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped black olives
- 1 large scallion chopped
- 7 ounces nacho cheese Doritos (about 1/2 15-ounce bag)
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Blend until smooth and well combined.
Gently mix in the olives and scallions.
Transfer the cheese mixture to a piece of plastic wrap. Use the wrap to form the mixture into a ball. Wrap with the plastic and refrigerate for one hour.
Meanwhile, add the Doritos to a zipper-top bag. Using a rolling pin, smash the chips into fine crumbs. Transfer the crumbs to a plate.
Roll the chilled cheese ball in the crumbs until completely coated. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
Store covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.