Dorito Cheese Ball - this cheese ball is loaded with taco flavors and coated with crushed nacho cheese chips. The perfect addition to any snack table - movie nights, game days, or summer afternoons by the pool.
I love snacking and a cheese ball is a nice alternative to cheese and crackers. It's the perfect snack for family game night, movie night, or a lazy summer afternoon on the porch.
Cheese balls are easy to prepare, feed many, and keep for several days in the refrigerator. With a base of cream cheese, it's easy to customize the flavor with seasonings, spices, and add-ins.
Taco-inspired cheese ball
This dorito cheese ball has taco-inspired seasonings and is coated with crushed Doritos. SO GOOD!
- cream cheese - regular and whipped
- Mexican cheese blend
- chili powder
- cayenne pepper
- black olives
- Doritos (for coating)
Making a cheeseball is as simple as blending the ingredients together. Then form into a ball and chill before rolling in the coating mixture.
- Start with room temperature cream cheese. Softened cream cheese is essential in blending in the other ingredients smoothly and evenly.
- Use a stand mixer to make easy work of mixing the ingredients.
- Use plastic wrap to help form the cheese mixture into a ball.
- Refrigerate the cheese mixture before rolling in the coating. It's much easier to roll the cheese in the coating when it's firm.
- Let the cheese ball sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving so it is easier to spread.
- Serve with crackers, toasted slices of baguette, or carrots and celery.
Bonus Tip: Use leftover crushed Doritos as a coating for chicken breast. Super flavorful!
- Everything Bagel Cheese Ball
- Everything Bagel Crackers with Whipped Scallion Cream Cheese
- Mini Cheese Balls with Fig and Prosciutto
- Smoked Gouda Pimento Cheese
- Roasted Mini Sweet Peppers with Goat Cheese
Thanks for sharing!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. You can also post a photo on Instagram and tag me @mycasualpantry and use hashtag #mycasualpantry. I love to see what you are making.
Dorito Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 8 ounces finely shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped black olives
- 1 large scallion chopped
- 7 ounces nacho cheese Doritos (about ½ 15-ounce bag)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Gently mix in the olives and scallions.
- Transfer the cheese mixture to a piece of plastic wrap. Use the wrap to form the mixture into a ball. Wrap with the plastic and refrigerate for one hour.
- Meanwhile, add the Doritos to a zipper-top bag. Using a rolling pin, smash the chips into fine crumbs. Transfer the crumbs to a plate.
- Roll the chilled cheese ball in the crumbs until completely coated. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.