These sausage and pepper sliders are a fun twist on a classic combination. These mini pork burgers are perfect for barbecues, game day spreads, or casual meals.
I love miniature sandwiches and these sausage and pepper sliders are a delicious twist on traditional beef burgers.
- Sausage - Bulk sausage, not links, works best. If you are using links, remove the casing before forming the patties. Both sweet and hot Italian sausage can be used.
- Mayonnaise and mustard - I love the combination of mayo and deli mustard with these sliders. Feel free to use marinara or pizza sauce. If you are a die-hard ketchup fan, go for it! Prefer yellow mustard? Swap it in!
- Cheese is always optional. I love Provolone but feel free to add your favorite. Pepper Jack, Cheddar, and Swiss are all great options.
See the recipe card for complete instructions and ingredient amounts.
- Cook the peppers in a skillet over medium-low heat until soft and slightly caramelized. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Form the sausage into small patties. One pound of sausage yields 6 sliders.
- Cook the sausage patties in a skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Top with cheese, if desired.
- Meanwhile, spread the top and bottom of each slider roll with mayonnaise and mustard.
- Place a sausage patty on the bottom half of each bun. Top the sausage with the peppers and replace the top bun.
TIP - It's best to assemble the sliders right before serving. The sliders can be formed ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. Cook and assemble when ready to serve for optimal flavor and freshness.
Serving ideas and variations
- Use a blend of ground beef and sausage to give traditional sliders something unexpected.
- Top the sausage sliders with a fried egg and add to a brunch spread. Serve on a biscuit to take the breakfast factor to a new level!
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
Sausage and Pepper Sliders
- ½ large red bell pepper (sliced)
- ½ large yellow bell pepper (sliced)
- ½ large orange bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil (or olive oil)
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage (sweet or hot (Note 1))
- 6 slider buns
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- mayonnaise (for topping)
- deli mustard (for topping)
- Preheat a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the oil and the peppers and cook until soft and slightly caramelized, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Form the sausage into 6 equal-sized patties.
- Place the sausage patties in the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Top with cheese if desired.
- Spread the top and bottom of each slider roll with mayonnaise and mustard.
- Place a sausage patty on the bottom half of each bun. Top with peppers and replace the top of the bun.
- If using links, remove the casing before shaping the sausage into patties.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.