This Slider Casserole is packed with crave-worthy cheeseburger vibes. Feed a crowd or enjoy for a weeknight meal. The leftovers will be in high demand.
Why you will love this
Skip the grill and satisfy your burger craving with this cheeseburger casserole. Delicious things come in small packages, and these sliders are no exception!
Satisfy more cheeseburger cravings with this Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole.
- Ground beef brings a traditional cheeseburger vibe. For a leaner option, use ground chicken or turkey.
- Cheese - I love the combination of American and Cheddar. Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, Swiss, or Provolone are also great options.
- Seasonings - Melted butter mixed with parsley and dried minced onion and garlic add another layer of flavor to the slider rolls.
See the recipe card for complete instructions and ingredient amounts.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, add the ground beef and onions. Brown the meat until it is cooked through, breaking it apart as it cooks. Drain the excess fat.
- Stir in ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the minced onion and garlic and parsley.
- To assemble, place the bottom half of the buns in a 9x13 baking dish. Brush the buns with the melted butter mixture.
- Top with the Cheddar cheese.
- Top with the beef mixture, spreading evenly.
- Layer the American cheese on top of the meat. Top with the pickles.
- Brush the inside of the top buns with the butter mixture. Place on top of the sliders. Brush the top of the buns with the remaining butter.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with French fries, potato chips, or creamy coleslaw.
Storing and reheating
Store the sliders in an airtight container or wrap the casserole dish tightly with plastic wrap. These burgers will keep for 3-4 days.
To reheat: Wrap 1-2 sliders in a paper towel and microwave until warmed through. This method prevents the buns from drying out.
These sliders have a mixture of ketchup, yellow mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. The sauce is mixed into the meat - Sloppy Joe style - so every bite is packed with flavor.
This casserole can be assembled up to 1 day ahead of time. However, wait to brush the top of the buns with the butter mixture until just before baking.
The meat mixture can be made 2-3 days in advance. When ready to serve, assemble the casserole and bake according to the recipe directions.
Skillet | Meat chopper | Measuring cups and spoons | Butter warming pot | 9x13 baking dish
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
Similar recipes to try
Cheeseburger Slider Casserole
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion (about ½ large onion)
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 12 slider buns
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- ¾ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¾ teaspoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 6-8 slices deli Cheddar cheese
- 6-8 slices deli American cheese
- 12 bread and butter pickle slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onions. Cook until beef is no longer pink, crumbling the meat as it cooks. Drain the excess fat.
- To the browned meat, add the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the parsley and dried onion and garlic.
- In a 9x13 casserole dish, arrange the bottom of the slider buns. Brush with some of the butter mixture. Top with Cheddar cheese. Spread the beef mixture evenly over the buns and cheese. Top with American cheese. Arrange the pickle slices evenly over the sliders.
- Brush the inside of the top buns with some of the butter. Arrange the buns on top of the sliders. Brush the top with the remaining butter.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted and sliders are warm throughout. Serve.
- Store the sliders in an airtight container or wrap the casserole dish tightly with plastic wrap. These burgers will keep for 3-4 days.
- To reheat: Wrap 1-2 sliders in a paper towel and microwave until warmed through. This method prevents the buns from drying out.
- To make-ahead, assemble the casserole up to 1 day in advance. Wait to brush the butter mixture over the top of the rolls until ready to bake.
- The meat mixture can be made 2-3 days in advance. When ready to serve, assemble the casserole and bake according to the recipe directions.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.
This post was originally published in March 2019 and has been updated.
Leave a Comment