Reuben Sliders – savory corned beef, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Thousand Island dressing layered on small rolls. Baked in a casserole dish, these sliders are family-friendly and feed a crowd.
I have loved Reuben sandwiches for as long as I can remember. The combination of all the savory flavors makes for an awesome sandwich. When I make corned beef for St. Patrick’s Day, I always look forward to leftovers for Reuben sandwiches. These Reuben sliders use deli corned beef so you can easily make these any time of year. No more waiting for those once-a-year leftovers!
- deli corned beef
- deli swiss cheese
- soft slider-style rolls
- Thousand Island dressing
- butter and seasoning for topping
Tips for making
- Slider-style rolls are readily available in supermarkets these days. They typically come in packages of 12, which is needed for this recipe. Any soft slider roll – like potato, brioche, or Hawaiian rolls – works great in this recipe.
- Use deli-sliced corned beef and swiss cheese. This makes easy work of building these sliders.
- Thousand Island dressing and sauerkraut are the classic condiments on Reubens. Store-bought dressing and canned sauerkraut add to the convenience of this dish.
- Brush the sliders with seasoned melted butter before baking. This adds another layer of flavor to the sandwiches.
- Save the extra spice blend to use as a rub on meat or chicken or to season roasted vegetables.
- 12 slider rolls generally fit perfectly in a 9×13 baking dish. Cover with foil and heat the sliders for 30-40 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sandwiches are warmed through.
- These sliders reheat very well. Cover the casserole dish with foil and reheat in a 350-degree oven. Or, for individual portions, wrap the sliders in paper towel and heat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
Reuben sliders are perfect for lunch or dinner, game-day snacks, or potlucks. Leftovers reheat well so this is a convenient dish for weeknight meals. If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry.
More related recipes to try:
- Reuben Stuffed Bread
- Tortilla Roll-Ups with Corned Beef, Green Olives, and Scallions
- Crock Pot Corned Beef
- Cheeseburger Slider Casserole
A miniature version of the classic, these sliders have layers of corned beef, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Thousand Island dressing on soft rolls baked until warm and gooey.
- 12 slider rolls
- 1 pound deli corned beef sliced thin
- 1/2 pound deli swiss cheese sliced thin
- 4 ounces sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place the bottom half of the slider rolls in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Spread the rolls with half of the Thousand Island dressing.
Next, top with half of the swiss cheese, followed by the corned beef.
Top the corned beef with the sauerkraut, followed by the remainder of the swiss cheese.
Spread the rest of the dressing on the underside of the top of the rolls and place, dressing side down, on the sandwiches.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Meanwhile, combine the spice blend ingredients in a small bowl.
Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of the spice blend to the melted butter. Stir to combine.
Brush the top of the sliders with the butter mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes. Serve while warm.