Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole: This casserole is a one-skillet dinner combining everyone’s favorite burger flavors topped with tater tots and cheese. A quick and easy meal for weeknights that the whole family will love.
I love the ease of one-skillet dinners. They are easy to prepare and dinner can be served family style directly from the skillet. And of course, one-skillet dinners make for fast and easy clean-up. And I’m certainly not going to complain about that!
This casserole packs the flavor of a cheeseburger and fries into one dish. This skillet starts with a ground beef mixture reminiscent of that classic burger flavor. Top the meat mixture with tater tots and cheese for an all in one “skillet cheeseburger”.
Start by browning ground beef and diced onions in a skillet. Next, add in burger flavors: ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Top the mixture with tater tots and bake until tater tots are crispy. Then, top with shredded cheese and bake another 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Add scallions and pickles for garnish, if desired. Serve with a green salad for a complete meal.
Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole is a delicious, easy weeknight meal with flavors the whole family is bound to love.
More casserole recipes to try
- Hot Chicken Salad
- Cheeseburger Slider Casserole
- Cheese Ravioli Sausage Bake
- Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole with Ritz Cracker Topping
Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 -20 ounces tater tots (or Ore Ida crispy crowns), approx. 1/2 of a 32-oz package
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 scallions, chopped, for garnish
- pickles, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, add a drizzle of oil and add ground beef and diced onion. Saute until beef is no longer pink, crumbling the meat as it cooks. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and pepper. Arrange tater tots (I used Ore Ida Crispy Crowns) over the top covering the surface. Bake for 20-25 minutes until tater tots are brown and crisp. Top with shredded cheese and return to the oven for 5 more minutes. Garnish with chopped scallions and pickles, if desired.