Naan bread is used as the crust in this Roasted Garlic Naan Pizza with Sausage and Broccolini. This pizza has a delicious homemade roasted garlic sauce, sausage, and broccolini. Store-bought naan adds ease to pizza night.
You will love this
Naan bread makes the most incredible pizza crust. It's chewy and bakes up crispy around the edges. Store-bought naan makes pizza night easier than ever. Roasted garlic naan pizza with sausage and broccolini is a delicious white pizza loaded with flavor.
My go-to brand for naan bread is Stonefire (not sponsored). Both the naan bread and thin pizza crust varieties work great for this recipe. I love using store-bought naan bread for its convenience and ease. If you prefer to make your own, try this homemade naan recipe.
The best thing about making pizza is customizing the toppings to your liking. This recipe includes some of my favorite flavors, but feel free to substitute or add other ingredients.
- naan bread - I love the chewy texture.
- roasted garlic sauce - this homemade sauce comes together easily with just three ingredients (details below).
- Italian sausage, sweet or hot
- broccolini - this baby broccoli is tender which makes it perfect as a topping on pizza
- mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses
When you're not using naan bread for pizza, garlic naan is delicious served with traditional Indian dishes like Chicken Tikka Masala. It also pairs well with chicken or beef. Serve naan bread with hummus or add to a Mediterranean snack board.
While naan and pita are similar, naan is typically made with yogurt which contributes to its soft and chewy texture. Naan bread has a slightly sweet flavor.
Fresh naan bread will keep for 3-4 days. If refrigerated, it will keep for 1-2 weeks. If frozen, naan bread will keep for 2-3 months.
How to make roasted garlic sauce
This roasted garlic sauce is one of my favorite toppings for white pizzas - and you only need 3 ingredients.
- head of garlic - 1 medium-sized head or 2 small heads
- freshly-squeezed lemon juice
This garlic sauce starts with roasted garlic. Start by removing the loose, outer papery skin from the garlic head, leaving the head intact. Cut about ½-inch off the top of the head of garlic, exposing the cloves. Drizzle with olive oil, wrap in aluminum foil, and roast at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until soft and lightly browned. Let cool enough to handle. Squeeze the garlic cloves into a small bowl.
Smash the cloves and add mayonnaise and freshly-squeezed lemon juice. Whisk together until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Store, covered, in the refrigerator. Use on pizzas, sandwiches, or as a dip for potato chips.
Assembling the pizza
Start by spreading the garlic sauce on the naan bread. Top with parmesan and mozzarella cheese, sausage, and broccolini. Add red pepper flakes if desired. Bake until cheese is melted and edges are crisp. I like to bake the naan directly on the oven rack for a crispy crust. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and serve.
How to serve
Naan bread pizza is ideal for individual-sized portions, which makes it perfect for family pizza nights. Create a toppings bar with a variety of favorite toppings. Everyone can customize their own Stonefire naan pizza. A family favorite dinner for sure.
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
More pizza recipes
Roasted Garlic Naan Pizza with Sausage and Broccolini
Roasted garlic sauce
- 1 medium head of garlic or 2 small heads
- olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
Sausage and Broccolini Flatbread
- 2 naan bread (1 8-0z package) or 1 thin 9-10 inch pizza crust (such as Stonefire brand)
- ¼ cup Parmesan, shredded
- 4 ounces mozzarella, shredded
- ⅔ cup cooked ground Italian sausage
- 4-5 stalks broccolini
- crushed red pepper flakes optional
- ½ lemon juiced
Roasted Garlic Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the loose, papery outer skin from the head of garlic, being careful to leave the head intact. Cut ½-inch off the top, exposing the garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil. Roast for 35-40 minutes or until soft and lightly brown.
- Let cool and squeeze the garlic cloves into a small bowl. Smash the garlic cloves. Add the mayonnaise and juice of ½ lemon. Add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk to combine. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Sausage and Broccolini Flatbread
- Spread ¼ cup garlic sauce on the flatbread. Top with ½ of the parmesan cheese, the mozzarella cheese, sausage, and broccolini. Top with the remaining parmesan and a touch of red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Bake directly on the oven rack for 7-9 minutes or until the crust is crisp and cheese is melted. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Serve.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.
Author's note: This post was originally published in March 2020 and has been updated.