Corn, Bacon and Pine Nut Pizza - a white cheese pizza topped with sweet corn, smoky bacon and pine nuts for a delicious flavor combination.
Pizza night is a favorite in our house. Everyone can pick their favorite toppings and the possibilities are endless. This version is simple yet the flavor is anything but simple. The grilled corn is sweet. The bacon is smoky and salty. The pine nuts are buttery and provide a little crunch. Then layer these toppings on the crust topped with fontina and mozzarella cheese. I'm loving these flavors.
This pizza starts with a thin crust. Shape the dough into a rectangle on a greased sheet pan. Allow the dough to come to room temperature first. This will help the dough relax so it doesn't pull back as you shape it.
Next, spread the fontina and mozzarella cheese evenly over the dough. Top with the corn, bacon, and pine nuts. Bake until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with extra pine nuts and scallions.
The sweetness of the corn and the smokiness of the bacon is a delicious combination. This may become a new favorite of your family.
- Spring Pizza with Asparagus, Leeks and Sugar Snap Peas
- Sausage and Onion Pan Pizza
- Taco Pizza
- Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta Pizza
- Prosciutto, Leek and Gruyere Pizza
Corn, Bacon and Pine Nut Pizza
- pizza dough for one pizza (store-bought or homemade)
- ⅔ cup fontina cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 ear sweet corn
- 2-3 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 4 teaspoons pine nuts (divided)
- 1 scallion (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Grill the corn until slightly charred on all sides. Slice the corn off of the cob. Set aside.
- Shape the pizza dough into a rectangle on a sheet pan lightly brushed with oil. Top with Fontina and mozzarella cheeses. Spread the corn, bacon and 3 teaspoons of the pine nuts over the cheese.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown. Top with remaining teaspoon of pine nuts and the scallions. Slice and serve.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.