This Ciabatta pizza bread has all of the crave-worthy crispy, chewy, and cheesy vibes. Bakery-fresh ciabatta is the perfect start for a quick and delicious pizza.
When your pizza cravings hit, this recipe will be your new go-to. A loaf of ciabatta bread creates the most incredible crust and stands up well to all your favorite pizza toppings.
Why you will love this easy recipe
If you love Ciabatta bread, try Ciabatta Garlic Bread.
- Ciabatta bread has a lightly crusty exterior which bakes up deliciously crispy. Ciabatta is available in the bakery of most supermarkets. If you can't find Ciabatta, Italian bread can be used.
- Cheese - Mozzarella is traditional but Colby Jack, Fontina, Pepper Jack, and Parmesan are great options too. Always use freshly shredded cheese for the perfect melty bite.
See the recipe card for complete instructions and ingredient amounts.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the sliced ciabatta on the prepared pan.
- Spread each half with pizza sauce.
- Top with freshly grated mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, green pepper, and onion.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and melty.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes, oregano, basil, or a dusting of Parmesan.
- Slice and serve.
Ciabatta toppings ideas
You can top this ciabatta pizza with any of your favorite pizza toppings. Some of my favorite flavor combinations include:
- Meat lovers - pepperoni and cooked bacon and sausage
- Veggie lovers - peppers, onion, olives, mushroom
- White pizza - skip the sauce and instead brush the bread with olive oil. Top with cheese.
- BBQ chicken - top the bread with barbecue sauce, Colby Jack cheese, red onions, and rotisserie chicken.
- Alternative sauces - instead of pizza sauce, try pesto, alfredo, or barbecue sauce.
Ciabatta is an Italian bread made with whole wheat flour, yeast, olive oil, water, and salt. It has more moisture than a baguette, and this moisture creates larger holes in the bread. The exterior is lightly crusty and the inside soft and chewy.
Half sheet pan | Parchment paper | Grater
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
Ciabatta Pizza Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread (sliced in half lengthwise)
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 12-16 ounces mozzarella cheese (freshly grated)
- 14-20 slices turkey pepperoni
- ⅛ cup sliced green bell pepper
- ⅛ cup sliced red onion
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the sliced bread. Top with cheese, pepperoni, peppers, and onion.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges are crispy and golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes, oregano, or basil. Slice and serve.
- The ingredient amounts used will vary depending on the size of the bread and personal preference.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.
Where can you buy ciabatta bread
The bakery department at most supermarkets should carry ciabatta. If you have trouble finding ciabatta, Italian bread can also be used.