This white pizza has a mixture of ricotta and mozzarella topped with sauteed brussels sprouts and crispy pancetta.
Brussels sprouts are one of those vegetables that I despised as a kid. But, I have developed a love for them as an adult. I like them raw, shaved or shredded in salads like this one. I also love them roasted or sauteed, like in this dish. The caramelization gives them a nutty flavor.
Brussels sprouts are also delicious on pizza. I love the combination of Brussels and pancetta. The saltiness of the pancetta goes perfectly with the Brussels sprouts. The diced pancetta is crispy yet chewy, which is a nice contrast of texture.
Slice the Brussels sprouts thinly and sautee before layering on the pizza. I often prepare an entire package of Brussels and keep what I don't use on the pizza for salads or rice bowls.
For the "white" sauce, I use a mixture of ricotta cheese and shredded mozzarella. This mixture can be spread evenly over the pizza dough, but I like to leave dollops of the mixture scattered over the dough for a rustic presentation. As the pizza bakes, the cheese melts and spreads.
For Brussels sprouts fans, this pizza will be a new favorite. If you don't love Brussels sprouts, this pizza will convert you. I hope you try this recipe, and if you do, please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation!
More pizza recipes
- Prosciutto, Leek and Gruyere Pizza
- Roasted Veggie and Pesto Pizza
- Lemon Arugula Pesto and Shrimp Pizza
- Roasted Garlic Naan Pizza with Sausage and Broccolini
- Sausage and Onion Pan Pizza
- Corn, Bacon, and Pine Nut Pizza
Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta Pizza
- pizza dough for one pizza, store-bought or homemade
- ⅓ - ½ pound Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 ¼ cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- black pepper, to taste
- ⅛ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In a large skillet, saute the pancetta until brown. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Drain the excess grease, leaving 1-2 teaspoons in the skillet. Add the brussels sprouts to the skillet and saute until softened and slightly caramelized. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add the ricotta cheese and 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella. Stir to combine. Season with black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Lightly brush a sheet pan with oil. Place the pizza dough on the pan and shape the dough into a rectangle about the size of the sheet pan. Add spoonfuls of the cheese mixture randomly over the top of the dough. Leave the spoonfuls of cheese scattered for a more rustic look. Alternatively, spread the cheese mixture evenly over the dough. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup mozzarella cheese over the top. Arrange the sauteed brussels sprouts and pancetta over the cheese. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.