Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken is an easy one-pan dinner full of fresh flavor. Sheet pan dinners simplify clean-up and are perfect for quick meals.
Why you will love this
Save time and effort - Sheet pan dinners are all-in-one meals that shorten prep and cook times and simplify clean-up. This sheet pan lemon rosemary chicken is perfect for those days when you don't have a lot of time to get a healthy dinner on the table.
Readily available ingredients - Chicken, potatoes, and onions are likely things that you already have in your pantry or fridge. Fresh lemons and rosemary add amazing flavor. If fresh herbs aren't available, use dried rosemary, thyme, or sage.
Meal-in-one - This sheet pan chicken is a meal-in-one, so simply serve with garlic bread and a salad. Try Garden Salad with Balsamic Mustard Dressing, Classic Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing, or Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad.
- Chicken - I like using boneless, skinless chicken breasts because they cook quickly.
- Potatoes - baby potatoes are small and cook quickly. For larger potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Onion - I love the sweetness of red onions, but yellow onions are delicious as well.
- Fresh lemons and rosemary sprigs - adds wonderful fresh citrus and herb flavor.
- Seasonings - season the chicken and potatoes with lemon pepper, salt, and pepper.
See the recipe card for specific instructions and ingredient amounts.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice and chop - Slice the lemon. Cut the onions into wedges. Cut the larger potatoes in half and leave the smaller ones whole.
- Brush the sheet pan with oil.
- Arrange the chicken, potatoes, and onion on the pan. Drizzle with remaining oil.
- Season with lemon pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- Nestle the lemons slices and rosemary sprigs among the chicken and potatoes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. The baking time will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken.
TIP: This recipe bakes in 20-25 minutes using 4-5 ounce chicken breasts. For larger chicken breasts, cut them in half so that all the components cook evenly.
Simplify your weeknight dinner routine with this sheet pan dinner recipe. It's sure to be a family favorite.
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts ((approx. 4 4-ounce pieces) (Note 1))
- 12 ounces baby potatoes (halved)
- ½ large red onion (cut into wedges)
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil (divided)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat a sheet pan with one tablespoon of oil. Arrange the chicken, potatoes, and onions on the sheet pan. Drizzle with the remaining oil and season with lemon pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- Nestle the sprigs of rosemary and lemon slices around the chicken and potatoes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees and the potatoes are tender. Serve.
- For larger chicken breasts, cut them in half for even cooking.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.
This post was originally published in March 2019 and has been updated.