Sheet Pan Bacon Ranch Chicken is a delicious sheet pan dinner of ranch-roasted chicken and potatoes topped with bacon and cheddar cheese.
This dinner has quickly become a family favorite in our house. Everyone loves the bacon and ranch combo. Ranch-roasted chicken and potatoes topped with bacon and cheddar cheese is a definite winner! And if the flavor doesn’t knock your socks off, the all-in-one sheet pan method will!
Sheet Pan Method
Sheet pan recipes are so wonderful because all of the ingredients roast together on one pan. Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Put the sheet pan in the oven to heat while the oven preheats. I like adding the ingredients to a hot pan because everything starts cooking right away and doesn’t stick as much.
I like using my stoneware pan for this recipe, like this one. The stoneware helps to caramelize the potatoes. And I love the sizzle when the chicken and potatoes hit the hot pan!
Prepping this recipe couldn’t be easier. Cut the potatoes into quarters. Place in a mixing bowl and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle half of the ranch dressing mix over the potatoes. Stir to coat. Set aside.
Next, repeat with the chicken breasts, using the remaining ranch dressing mix. I use 4-ounce chicken breasts so the potatoes and chicken cook in the same amount of time. Larger chicken breasts should be cut in half before roasting.
When the oven and pan are preheated, remove the pan from the oven and arrange the chicken and potatoes on the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
Before serving, top the chicken and potatoes with crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with chives or scallions. Serve with a side of sour cream for the potatoes and ranch dressing for the chicken, if desired.
Your family will love the flavors in this bacon ranch chicken dinner. And just as importantly, you will love the ease of clean-up with this one sheet pan meal.
More chicken recipes to try
- Easy Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken with Blue Cheese Sauce
- Easy Baked Pizza Chicken
- Cap’n Crunch Chicken Tenders
- Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- Walnut Crusted Chicken with Chipotle Honey
Sheet Pan Bacon Ranch Chicken
- 6 4-ounce chicken breasts
- 24 ounces baby potatoes
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- black pepper
- chives or scallions, for garnish
- Preheat stoneware or metal sheet pan in a 400-degree oven.
- Cut potatoes into quarters. Toss with a drizzling of oil and 1/2 of the ranch dressing mix. Season with black pepper. Set aside.
- Drizzle the chicken breasts with oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 of the ranch dressing mix. Turn to coat.
- Remove hot pan from pre-heated oven. Arrange chicken and potatoes on the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Remove pan and sprinkle bacon and cheese on top of each chicken breast. Sprinkle the remaining bacon and cheese over the potatoes. Put back in the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Garnish with chopped chives or scallions and serve.