Chorizo Tacos with Lime Crema – these spicy chorizo tacos are easy to prepare and are perfect for weeknight dinners or game day spreads. Easy to customize with your favorite taco toppings.
Chorizo Tacos with Lime Crema
Chorizo is one of my favorite ingredients. It is spicy and so full of flavor. I love adding it to recipes like breakfast hash and nachos. Spicy Mexican chorizo is perfect in these bold-flavored tacos. Manchego cheese and a variety of toppings finish off these tacos. Lime crema cools down the spicy chorizo. These tacos are the perfect addition to your next taco night.
What ingredients do I need to make Chorizo tacos?
These tacos only have a few ingredients but each one contributes delicious flavor and texture.
- Mexican chorizo – a spicy, ground sausage sold fresh and uncooked.
- manchego cheese – nutty, buttery, and smooth and pairs well with the chorizo
- taco shells – use crispy taco shells, flour or corn tortillas, or a combination
- lime crema – sour cream spiked with lime juice
- various toppings/garnishes
Taco Toppings / Garnishes
I think the best part of taco night is adorning each taco with a variety of toppings. The options are endless, but these are some of my favorites:
- Manchego cheese – nutty and buttery; monterey jack is a good option also.
- lime crema – the lime juice adds freshness and the sour cream balances the spice of the chorizo.
- radishes – sliced thin for crunch
- pickled jalapenos
How do I make Chorizo Tacos with Lime Crema?
These tacos are so quick and easy to make. With a few tips, you will have these tacos on the dinner table in no time.
- The ground chorizo is sold fresh and needs to be cooked and crumbled. Chorizo is a rather fatty sausage so it should be drained on a paper towel-lined plate before building the tacos. I didn’t add any additional seasoning since the chorizo already has so much flavor and spice.
- While the chorizo cooks, prep the toppings: shred the cheese, slice the radishes, chop the scallions.
- For hard shells, I recommend crisping them in a 375-degree oven for 3-4 minutes.
- For soft tortillas, they can be toasted on a griddle or warmed, wrapped in foil, in the oven.
- Build the tacos starting with the warm chorizo, followed by the cheese to help it melt. Finish with toppings and a drizzle of lime crema.
Chorizo tacos are a great way to change up taco night. They are also delicious on a game-day spread. Bold and spicy, these tacos pack a flavor punch. If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation.
More taco night recipes to try
Bold and spicy chorizo makes these tacos a stand-out on taco night.
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo
- 6 taco shells
- 4 ounces Manchego cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 lime juiced
- radishes sliced thin
- scallions chopped
In a skillet over medium heat, cook the chorizo until no longer pink in the middle, about 10 minutes. Break the chorizo apart as it cooks. Drain the meat on a paper towel-lined plate.
To make the lime crema, stir together the sour cream and lime juice. Transfer to a squeeze bottle, if desired.
Assemble the tacos: divide the chorizo evenly between the taco shells. Top with manchego cheese. Garnish as desired with radishes, cilantro, scallions, and add a drizzle of lime crema over the top. Serve.