Mexican meets Italian with this pizza loaded with everything you love about a taco.
Taco Pizza is a fun way to change up your weekly Mexican routine. Or maybe it’s a fun way to change up pizza night! In any case, my family loves Mexican food and we love pizza so this recipe is a no-brainer! This pizza comes together easily, especially if you do some prep ahead of time.
Tips for Making Taco Pizza
- Both homemade and store-bought dough can be used. For homemade, I like to make the dough in the morning, so it is ready when I’m preparing the pizza for dinner.
- The seasoned ground beef mixture can be made ahead of time. Just keep refrigerated until pizza time.
- This recipe calls for one pound of ground beef, which is enough for three pizzas. If you are only making one pizza, save the remaining beef mixture for another recipe. Use it as a topping for nachos or for a taco salad.
- I like using a blend of cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses, but Pepperjack is tasty too! Feel free to use whatever you have on hand in your fridge.
- For toppings, I like red onion, lettuce, nacho tortilla chips, and a drizzle of taco sauce. Add a personal touch with your favorite taco toppings such as black olives, diced tomato, scallions, or sour cream.
- Add the lettuce, nacho chips, and taco sauce when the pizza comes out of the oven to keep these ingredients fresh and crisp.
Add this pizza to your Mexican dinner rotation or pizza night. If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation!
Similar recipes you may enjoy
Pizza with seasoned ground beef and cheese topped with lettuce, taco sauce, and crushed nacho tortilla chips.
- 1 pound ground beef **
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 tablespoons chili powder, or to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons cumin, or to taste
- pizza dough for one pizza
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup romaine or iceberg lettuce, sliced thin or shredded
- 1 cup crushed nacho cheese tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
Add the ground beef to a large skillet. Cook over medium heat, breaking the meat apart as it cooks. When the beef is no longer pink, drain the excess fat. Add 1/3 cup of water, chili powder, and cumin, stirring until well mixed. Add more water if necessary to incorporate the spices.
Brush a sheet pan lightly with oil. On the pan, shape the dough into a rectangle about the size of the sheet pan. Top the dough with 1/2 cup each of cheddar and Monterey Jack. Top with 1/3 of the meat mixture, onions, and the remaining 1/4 cup of each cheese.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is lightly brown. Remove from oven and top with lettuce, crushed nacho tortilla chips, and drizzle with taco sauce. Slice and serve.
** One pound of ground beef is enough for three pizzas. Make multiple pizzas for larger groups or save the extra beef mixture for another recipe.