Spinach and Artichoke Pasta combines this popular flavor duo with pasta, a creamy sauce, and a punch of lemon.
Spinach and Artichoke Dip is one of my all-time favorite appetizers. My daughter is a huge fan, too! When we go out to eat, if this dip is on the menu, it ends up on our table. We are predictable but dedicated!
So, it goes without saying that I love to incorporate these flavors into other recipes. This recipe features spinach and artichokes with pasta in a creamy sauce with lemon to brighten the flavors. This dish comes together quickly and is the perfect dinner when time is short.
Spinach and Artichoke Pasta
- I like Rotini because the spirals catch the sauce. Reserve some of the pasta water to bring the sauce together.
- Sauteed onion, cayenne pepper, and fresh thyme add flavor.
- Cream cheese, Fontina, and Parmesan – combined with pasta water – creates a creamy sauce.
- Baby spinach adds freshness and canned artichoke hearts add convenience.
- Freshly-squeezed lemon juice adds acidity and brightens the dish.
Serve with a salad or some crusty bread for a complete and satisfying meal. Leftovers reheat well, too!
If you have Spinach and Artichoke Dip lovers in your family, try this recipe. I’m sure you and your family will love it. Please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation.
Similar spinach and artichoke recipes you may also enjoy
Spinach and artichoke hearts are combined with pasta in a creamy, lemony sauce.
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 1/2 large yellow onion diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese plus extra for topping
- 1 lemon juiced
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 - 1 1/2 cups of pasta water.
In a large pot set over medium heat, add one tablespoon of oil and saute the onion until soft and translucent. Add the cream cheese and stir while the cheese melts. Add 1/2 cup of the pasta water to create a creamy sauce. Add in the shredded Fontina and stir until melted.
Season with salt and pepper and cayenne. Add the fresh thyme. Fold in the baby spinach, artichoke hearts, and cooked pasta. Add more pasta water as needed to bring the sauce together and create the creamy consistency. Finish with Parmesan cheese and freshly squeezed lemon juice.