This fruit salad gets a boost of extra sweetness from cinnamon and anise-infused simple syrup. Serve this salad with breakfast, brunch, or as a light dessert.
You will love this
I love fruit salads, especially during the summer. They are bright and colorful and the ingredients can be changed based on what's in season or based on personal preference. This salad has a nice assortment of color with green and red grapes and blueberries. The fruit is tossed in a simple syrup flavored with cinnamon and star anise and garnished with fresh mint. I love the cinnamon and anise combination, so I often have this syrup on hand in my fridge.
This salad is a great addition to a brunch table and makes a light summertime dessert.
More fruit recipes
- Berry Fruit Salad with Mint Syrup
- Baked Berries with Puff Pastry Cinnamon Croutons
- Mango Pineapple Salsa
Fruit Salad with Cinnamon-Anise Simple Syrup
- 2 cups seedless green grapes
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 2 cups blueberries
- ¼-⅓ cup cinnamon-anise simple syrup
- fresh mint (for garnish)
- Rinse grapes and blueberries. Drain and add to a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle cinnamon-anise simple syrup over fruit and toss to coat. Add more syrup to desired sweetness, if necessary. Garnish with fresh mint.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.