Spring Pizza with Asparagus, Leeks, and Sugar Snap Peas is a white pizza topped with lots of spring veggies and garnished with goat cheese for a tangy bite.
Nothing says spring to me more than vibrant green spring vegetables. This pizza is topped with several of my favorites – asparagus, leeks, and sugar snap peas. A garnish of goat cheese finishes this pizza off perfectly!
Fresh and Seasonal pizza
This pizza is a white pizza, which means it doesn’t have red sauce. The pizza dough is layered with two kinds of cheese – fontina and mozzarella. I also love to garnish the pizza with goat cheese when it comes out of the oven.
The vegetables need a little bit of prep before they are ready to go on the pizza. Leeks can be dirty so the layers need to be rinsed thoroughly. TIP: Trim and slice the leeks first. Then add the sliced leeks to the basket of a salad spinner. Rinse thoroughly and spin dry. Once cleaned, saute the leeks until softened. Set aside.
I love the vibrant green color of asparagus and peas. To keep this color, blanch the veggies in boiling water for one minute and then add the veggies to a bowl of ice water. The veggies will be crisp-tender and the bright green color will be set.
Assembling the pizza
Prepare a sheet pan by lightly brushing with oil. Shape the pizza dough into a rectangle on the prepared sheet pan. I like to do this by hand, but you can roll out the dough if you prefer.
Layer the fontina and mozzarella on the crust. Top with the sauteed leeks, asparagus, and sugar snap peas. I like to slice open the pea pods for a pretty presentation. Season with black pepper and bake until golden brown. Top with crumbled goat cheese before serving.
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your pizza creation.
Similar recipes you may enjoy
- Sausage and Onion Pan Pizza
- Taco Pizza
- Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta Pizza
- Prosciutto, Leek and Gruyere Pizza
- Arugula BLT Pizza
Spring Pizza with Asparagus, Leeks and Sugar Snap Peas
- pizza dough for one pizza
- 1/2-3/4 cup fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/2-3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup leeks, sauteed (one large leek yields approx. 1 cup, sauteed)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-3 spears asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 8 sugar snap pea pods
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
Preparing the vegetables
- Leeks: Slice off the root end of the leek and the darker green tops. Slice the remaining leek in half lengthwise then slice crosswise. Add the leeks to the basket of a salad spinner, rinse well. and spin dry. To a skillet heated over medium heat with one tablespoon butter, add the leeks and saute until softened, approx. 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Asparagus and snap peas: In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Add the asparagus and the sugar snap peas. Cook for one minute. Strain and add to a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain and then slice the snap peas in half lengthwise. Set aside.
Assembling the pizza
- Shape the pizza dough into a rectangle on a sheet pan lightly brushed with oil.
- Spread the Fontina cheese and mozzarella cheese evenly over the dough. Arrange the leeks, asparagus, and snap peas evenly over the cheese. Sprinkle with black pepper. Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Crumble the goat cheese over the top of the warm pizza and garnish with scallions. Slice and serve.