Mushroom Ravioli with Sage Butter - an easy, four-ingredient dish that is perfect for weeknight meals and elegant enough for guests.
Mushroom Ravioli with Sage Butter is beyond delicious and a new favorite of mine. With only four ingredients, this recipe couldn't be easier. Better yet, this dish is special enough for guests, so entertaining was never easier than this.
This recipe only has four ingredients - which means it is important that each ingredient is of high quality and fresh tasting.
- mushroom ravioli - use high quality, fresh ravioli for this recipe. Fresh pasta can be found in the refrigerated section of your supermarket.
- mushrooms - my favorites are baby portobellos and shiitakes. This recipe calls for a large amount of mushrooms because they cook down quite a bit... and I love mushrooms!
- fresh sage - sage is one of my favorite herbs. I love the aroma and fresh is best!
- butter - I use unsalted butter so I can control the level of salt. If you prefer cooking with salted butter, adjust the seasoning accordingly.
The only prep required for this recipe is slicing the mushrooms. If you buy pre-sliced mushrooms, then you can jump right into cooking up this scrumptious dish. With few ingredients and limited prep, this recipe comes together quickly and you will have dinner on the table in no time. I'm sure this dish will become a favorite of yours. If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation.
More quick and easy recipes
- Kielbasa with Gnocchi
- Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
- Orecchiette with Sausage and Kale
- Creamy Corn Pasta with Bacon
- Pesto Pappardelle (Pasta with Pesto and Tomatoes)
Mushroom Ravioli with Sage Butter
- 8 ounces Baby Bella mushrooms sliced thin
- 3.5 ounces shiitake mushrooms sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 10 ounces fresh mushroom ravioli
- 8-10 fresh sage leaves plus extra for garnish
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add mushrooms and saute for 8-10 minutes until softened and golden. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the mushrooms from the skillet. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the fresh ravioli and cook for 4 minutes. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water and drain the pasta.
- While the pasta cooks, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the skillet. Add the sage leaves and cook over medium-low heat.
- Add the drained pasta to the skillet with the sage butter. Add the mushrooms. Toss lightly, stirring in ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water. Cook for another minute to thicken the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with additional fresh sage and serve.