Solve your dinner dilemma with this Club Cracker Chicken. Just 35 minutes is all you need to get this crispy, crowd-pleasing chicken on the dinner table.
We eat a lot of chicken in our house, and I love creating recipes that are flavorful and easy to prepare.
This Club Cracker Chicken is a family favorite. The chicken is tender and juicy, packed with flavor, and cooks quickly.
Club crackers create a buttery, crispy crust. Parmesan cheese and spices add even more flavor. And a surprise ingredient holds it all together!
- Chicken - Use thin-sliced chicken breasts or slice larger chicken breasts in half horizontally.
- Club crackers - These buttery crackers take the place of breadcrumbs and add incredible flavor and texture.
- Parmesan cheese - Adds salty, nutty flavor to the coating mixture. Pecorino Romano or Asiago cheese can also be used.
- Seasonings - Turn to your pantry for garlic powder, paprika, parsley, and black pepper.
- Mayonnaise - Acts as the glue for the cracker mixture. I love Duke's mayonnaise and I use Duke's light mayo.
How to make Club Cracker Chicken
See the recipe card for complete instructions and ingredient amounts.
- Add the crackers to a zipper-top bag and crush them into crumbs using a rolling pin. Transfer the crumbs to a shallow dish and add the Parmesan cheese and seasonings. Stir together.
- Brush one side of the chicken with mayonnaise. Transfer the chicken mayo-side down into the dish of cracker crumbs. Press the chicken into the crumb mixture. Brush the top side of the chicken with mayo and flip to coat with the cracker crumbs.
- Transfer the chicken to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spray the top of the chicken with olive oil or avocado oil spray.
- Bake until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. This will take approximately 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Barbecue sauce, Ranch, and honey mustard are my go-to's.
Tips and variations
- Use chicken of uniform thickness for even cooking.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- For a spicy kick, add cayenne pepper to the cracker crumb mixture.
- Try brushing the chicken with Dijon mustard in place of the mayonnaise.
Both Ritz and Townhouse crackers have a similar buttery flavor and will create a flavorful, crispy crust.
Yes, chicken tenderloins can be used. Prepare in the same manner and bake until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Baking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken.
Try these chicken dishes next
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
Easy Club Cracker Chicken
- 1 sleeve Club crackers
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1¼ pounds thin-sliced chicken breasts
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- avocado or olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a half-sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Put the crackers in a large zipper-top bag and use a rolling pin (or mallet) to crush the crackers into small crumbs. Pour the cracker crumbs into a shallow dish.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, parsley, paprika, and black pepper to the cracker crumbs. Stir together.
- Brush one side of a chicken cutlet with mayonnaise. Place the chicken mayo side down in the cracker crumbs. Press to coat. Brush the top of the chicken with mayo and flip over to coat. Transfer the chicken to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken cutlets.
- Spray the top of the chicken with oil spray such as avocado or olive oil. Bake the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, approx. 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Ritz and Townhouse crackers can be substituted for Club crackers.
- Chicken tenderloins can also be used. Prepare in the same manner. Bake the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. The baking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.