Lemon and garlic roasted broccoli and potatoes is two delicious side dishes in one. Cooked together on just one pan, this easy side dish is perfect for any night of the week.
Why you will love this
- The best of both worlds. This recipe is two sides in one and is delicious served with chicken, steak, or pork for a complete meal. Easy grilled chicken and spiced pork tenderloin are family favorites.
- Everything cooks together on one sheet pan. This simplifies clean-up and saves time. Pro tip: Start the potatoes first and add the broccoli during the last 20 minutes of the cooking time.
- Leftovers? No worries! Use the leftover potatoes to make hash or add them along with the broccoli to omelets or frittatas.
This dual side dish requires just five ingredients (plus salt and pepper). I love using small potatoes, but any variety is fine. Cut them into 1-inch pieces for quick, even cooking.
The broccoli florets should also be trimmed into even-sized pieces. Garlic and lemon infused-butter adds delicious flavor to the veggies as they roast.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Pro tip: Place the sheet pan in the oven to preheat while the oven preheats. Adding the veggies to a hot pan helps to jump-start the cooking process.
- Add the butter, garlic, and lemon zest to a small pan. Melt the butter over low heat, allowing the flavors to infuse the butter. I like to strain out the minced garlic before tossing the veggies in the butter. If you don't mind bits of garlic, you can skip this step.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters (approx. 1-inch pieces). Toss the potatoes with half of the butter, season with salt and pepper, and spread on the sheet pan.
- Roast for 25 minutes at 400 degrees. Stir the potatoes so they brown evenly.
- Toss the broccoli florets with the remaining butter, season with salt and pepper, and add the broccoli to the sheet pan.
- Roast for another 20 minutes, flipping the broccoli after the first 10 minutes.
- Season the broccoli florets with a touch more salt and a squeeze of lemon. Serve immediately.
Roasted potatoes and broccoli pair perfectly with Walnut-crusted chicken and Brats and kraut. For hearty appetites, serve this dish alongside Reuben sliders. You can also use the potatoes and broccoli as a base for veggie bowls or top with a fried egg for a hearty breakfast.
More broccoli recipes
More potato recipes
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
Roasted Broccoli and Potatoes with Lemon and Garlic
- 24 ounces small yellow or red potatoes
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or two whole cloves, smashed)
- 1 lemon (zested)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a sheet pan in the oven to heat.
- Add the butter, garlic, and lemon zest to a small saucepan. Heat to melt the butter and let sit to allow the flavors to blend. (Note 1)
- Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into 1-inch pieces. In a mixing bowl, toss the potatoes with ½ the butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the potatoes to the hot sheet pan and bake for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
- Toss the broccoli with the remaining butter and add to the sheet pan. Baked for another 20 minutes, tossing the broccoli after 10 minutes. The broccoli should be caramelized around the edges and crisp-tender.
- Season the broccoli with salt and garnish with lemon wedges. Serve immediately.
- Strain out the minced garlic before tossing the veggies in the butter. If you don't mind bits of garlic, you can skip this step.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.