Spinach Artichoke Frittata - this frittata pairs a classic combination with Gruyere and Parmesan cheeses and a touch of fresh lemon. Serve for breakfast, brunch, or a light lunch.
Spinach and artichoke is a classic combination that is probably best known for its role in a famous dip. I love these flavors, so I'm always looking for ways to enjoy spinach and artichoke together. Adding them to a frittata seems like an obvious choice.
What is a Frittata?
A frittata is basically a quiche without a crust. Started on the stovetop and finished in the oven, frittatas can include assorted veggies, breakfast meats, and cheeses. Add beaten eggs and bake until set. A non-stick skillet is a must to ensure that the finished frittata will slide right out of the pan. Then, slice and serve.
Frittatas are the perfect way to use up whatever veggies and cheese you have in your fridge. Like quiche, frittatas can be served warm or room temperature.
To make this frittata, you will need:
- artichoke hearts
- baby spinach
- heavy cream
- lemon juice
- Gruyere cheese
- Parmesan cheese
How to make
- Use a non-stick, oven-safe skillet. Always.
- Saute the shallots and artichoke hearts. Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Combine eggs, cream. and lemon juice and whisk to combine.
- Add half of the cheese to the egg mixture and half to the veggies in the skillet.
- Pour the egg mixture over the veggies. Top with a little more cheese.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake 20 minutes or until set and lightly golden brown.
How to serve
Frittatas are delicious served warm or at room temperature. Add this spinach artichoke frittata to your next brunch or enjoy for a relaxing weekend breakfast. Serve with a green salad for a light lunch or alongside bacon and hashbrowns for a heartier dinner.
Non-stick skillet | Liquid measuring cup | Measuring cups and spoons | Whisk
Similar recipes you may also enjoy
- Green Eggs and Ham Quiche
- Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar Quiche
- Sausage, Butternut, and Gruyere Quiche
- Sausage, Apple, and Cheddar Quiche
Spinach Artichoke Frittata
- 1 small shallot (diced)
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts (canned, drained and chopped)
- 3 cups baby spinach (packed (approx. 3 ounces))
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese (plain or smoked, shredded, plus extra for topping)
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus extra for topping)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (divided)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the oil to a non-stick skillet set over medium heat. Saute the shallots for 1-2 minutes. Add the artichoke hearts and saute for another 2-3 minutes. Season with ¼ teaspoon of black pepper and a pinch of salt. Add the baby spinach and cook until wilted.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and heavy cream until well blended. Add in the remaining black pepper and lemon juice.
- Add half of the Gruyere and Parmesan cheese to the artichoke and spinach mixture. Add the remaining cheese to the egg mixture. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies. Top with a sprinkling of extra cheese.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before sliding the frittata out onto a cutting board or serving platter.
- Slice and serve.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.
Leave a Comment