Everything Bagel Crackers with Whipped Scallion Cream Cheese - a delicious snack inspired by two of my favorite morning flavors. These crackers, made with a homemade pie crust, are perfect for brunch or game day snacking.
Crackers are one of my favorite go-to snacks. Crunchy snacks are imperative - especially for game day munching and Christmas movie watching. But today we are going to bypass the pantry in favor of the homemade variety. Homemade crackers are so easy to make and you can add whatever seasonings you like.
These crackers are made using pie crust dough. Buttery, delicious and so easy to prepare. Season the crackers with Everything Bagel seasoning which packs a flavor punch. But we're not stopping there. No, we are going to serve these crackers with whipped scallion cream cheese. One of my favorite bagel combos living its best life in snack form. Yummy!
How to make homemade crackers
- Pie crust - Use pie crust dough as the base for these crackers. Homemade pie crust comes together easily and bakes up deliciously crisp.
- Seasoning - For these Everything Bagel crackers we're adding Everything Bagel Seasoning to the flour when making the pie dough.
- Forming the crackers - Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape approx. ⅛ inch thick. Cut into one-inch squares and bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet until golden brown. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
How to make bagel seasoning
Everything Bagel seasoning is so easy to make and you can adjust the quantities of the spices based on your personal preference. You can easily double this recipe. Store the seasoning in an airtight glass jar. Everything Bagel seasoning is delicious on so many things - avocado toast, deviled eggs, roasted potatoes, roasted vegetables - just to name a few.
The ingredients in this seasoning are likely things you already have in your spice cabinet - minced onion and garlic, poppy seeds and sesame seeds, salt, and pepper.
How to Make Whipped Scallion Cream Cheese
Whipped cream cheese is simply cream cheese that has been beaten until it's smooth and fluffy. I like using a whisk attachment to achieve this. Add a small amount of heavy cream to loosen up the cream cheese for a more dip-like consistency. After whipping the cream cheese, stir in the chopped scallions.
How to Serve
Everything Bagel crackers and cream cheese are the perfect crunchy snack - and so addicting. I simply cannot eat just one! Serve in a basket or on a platter alongside the whipped cream cheese. No matter how you serve these crackers - game day, movie night, brunch buffet, or appetizer spread - I guarantee they will disappear!
If you try this recipe please leave me a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry and use hashtag #mycasualpantry so I can see your homemade creation.
More Snack Attack recipes to try
- Chips and Dip Snack Board
- Barbecue Chicken Nachos
- Best Homemade Guacamole
- Ultimate Hot Pizza Dip
- Hot Corn Dip
- Southern Style Deviled Eggs
- Bacon Horseradish Dip
- Caramelized Onion Dip
- Bacon and Blue Loaded Cheese Fries
Everything Bagel Crackers with Whipped Scallion Cream Cheese
Everything bagel seasoning
- 3 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Pie Crust (cracker dough)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning plus extra for topping
- ½ cup butter, cold and cubed
- 4-6 tablespoons ice water
- 1 egg for egg wash
Scallion cream cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 scallions chopped
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine all of the bagel seasoning ingredients. Stir to combine. Store in a glass jar. This recipe yields approx. ¼ cup.
Pie Crust (cracker dough)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and 1 tablespoon bagel seasoning and stir to distribute the seasoning evenly in the flour. Add the cold, cubed butter and with a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles crumbs about the size of peas.
- Add the ice water, starting with 2-3 tablespoons, and stir to incorporate. Continue adding the water just until the dough comes together. The dough should stick together when pinched between your fingers. Form the dough into a rectangular shape and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a rectangular shape about ⅛ inch thick. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut strips about one inch wide both horizontally and vertically to form squares. (This dough will yield approx. 45-50 crackers). Place the dough squares on the prepared baking sheets. Beat the egg with one tablespoon of water and brush the egg wash on the crackers and sprinkle with the bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool the crackers on the baking sheets. The crackers will continue to crisp up as they cool.
Scallion cream cheese
- Add the room temperature cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip the cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add the cream and whip until well incorporated and desired consistency is achieved. Stir in the scallions.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yields approx. one cup.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.