Create a bagel shop vibe at home with this Whipped Scallion Cream Cheese. It takes just four ingredients and five minutes to elevate your bagel experience with this light and cream spread.
A classic bagel with cream cheese is a breakfast staple. But if you are looking to elevate your bagel experience, try this whipped scallion cream cheese.
Whipping the cream cheese creates a lighter, more fluffy spread. The flavor is pumped up with simple ingredients that will leave you wishing you had made a double batch.
This luxurious spread is incredibly versatile and will be a game-changer in your kitchen.
- Cream cheese - Since cream cheese is the main ingredient, I prefer using full fat for the best flavor. Philadelphia cream cheese is my go-to.
- Scallions - Scallions (or green onions) add mild onion flavor and a pop of green color.
- Heavy cream - The cream loosens up the cream cheese and helps to give it a "whipped" texture.
- Garlic powder - Just ¼ teaspoon enhances the flavor.
See the recipe card for complete instructions and ingredient amounts.
- Add the cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted. Blend until softened and creamy, about 1 minute. Use the whisk attachment to give the creamy cheese a lighter consistency. A hand mixer can also be used.
- Add the cream and garlic powder and blend until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrap the bowl down as needed.
- Fold in the scallions. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Scallion cream cheese isn't just for your morning bagel. Check out these delicious ways to enjoy this spread.
- Dip: Enjoy with crackers, pretzels, or veggies.
- Sandwich spread: Swap out the mayo and add this creamy spread to your favorite ham or turkey sandwich. This cream cheese is delicious on tea sandwiches.
- Appetizer: Elevate your appetizer game with this versatile cream cheese. Spread it on crostini and top with smoked salmon. Use it as a filling for mini sweet peppers or use it in place of plain cream cheese in cheese balls and other savory applications.
- Avocado toast: Use cream cheese as a base layer under the avocado.
- Baked potatoes: Move over sour cream! Scallion cream cheese adds a wonderful creamy tanginess to a baked spud.
Green onions and scallions are actually the same. They have a mild onion flavor and are delicious raw in salads, dips, or garnishes.
Both the white and green parts of scallions can be eaten. The white part has a more intense flavor. The green parts add wonderful color when used as garnishes for salads and Tex-Mex or Asian-inspired dishes.
Whipped Scallion Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup chopped scallions
- Add the cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip the cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add the cream and garlic powder. Whip it until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the scallions. Serve immediately or store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Both the white and green parts of scallions can be eaten. The white part has a more intense flavor. The green parts add wonderful color when used as garnishes for salads and Tex-Mex or Asian-inspired dishes.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.