These Marinated Mozzarella Balls are an easy appetizer that comes together with just a few ingredients. After a short marinade, serve with bread or crackers or add to salads and pasta.
These marinated mozzarella balls are the easiest appetizer EVER! There's no cooking required, just a little bit of marinating time. After marinating in a flavorful oil, you can serve the mozzarella balls with crostini or crackers for a delicious snack.
- Ciliegine mozzarella - these cherry-sized mozzarella balls are the perfect bite-sized snack. This fresh mozzarella can be found in the gourmet cheese section of your local supermarket. You can also use Bocconcini which are slightly larger than Ciliegine, and Pearls which are smaller.
- Olive oil - use your favorite go-to variety. This is my favorite olive oil.
- Garlic - sliced garlic infuses the oil with wonderful flavor. For a less intense garlic flavor, you can leave the garlic cloves whole. Just smash and add to the mixture. After marinating, you can discard the cloves.
- Red pepper flakes - these pepper flakes add great flavor with a bit of heat. You can add more or less depending on how much spice you like.
- Fresh parsley - adds wonderful fresh herby flavor.
How to make
This recipe is as simple as mixing together the olive oil and seasonings and pouring it over the mozzarella balls to marinate. I recommend marinating for at least 30-60 minutes at room temperature. If you wish to marinate longer, transfer the mozzarella to an airtight container and refrigerate.
How to store
These mozzarella balls should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. A glass container or mason jar works well. The cheese will keep for 4-5 days. Olive oil solidifies when refrigerated, so allow the container to sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes before serving. The olive oil will liquify and you can toss and serve.
How to serve
Marinated mozzarella balls are delicious straight out of the jar. I love popping these bite-sized gems right in my mouth. They are the perfect bite-sized snack. But there are lots of great serving options, such as:
- Serve in a shallow dish with crostini or crackers.
- Make mini kabobs with mozzarella, tomatoes, and olives.
- Add a small dish of the mozzarella balls to a charcuterie board.
- Use as a topping on pizza or sandwiches.
- Toss in salads.
- Add to baked pasta dishes.
More easy appetizers
- Easy Cucumber Canapes
- Rosemary Orange and Garlic Marinated Olives
- Best Homemade Guacamole
- Cranberry Brie Crostini
- Grilled Bratwurst Bites
- Prosciutto Melon Basil Skewers with Chili Lime Salt
Marinated Mozzarella Balls
- 8 ounces Ciliegine mozzarella balls drained
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or more to taste
- Put the drained mozzarella balls in a glass jar or shallow dish. Set aside.
- In a liquid measuring cup, add the olive oil, parsley, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Stir together.
- Pour the oil over the mozzarella and marinate, at room temperature, for 30 - 60 minutes. If marinating longer, store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Note: Olive oil solidifies when refrigerated, so before serving, allow the mozzarella to sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes.