Double Espresso Ice Cream - this easy recipe packs a double punch of espresso. No double boiler required - just mix and churn.
Homemade ice cream makes a weekly appearance in our house. It's our favorite dessert, hands-down. I typically make custard-based ice creams, but today I'm sharing a quick and easy egg-free recipe. No double boiler required.
The base of this ice cream is made with just three ingredients:
- heavy whipping cream
- sweetened condensed milk
For the double espresso flavor, I added:
How to make
This ice cream couldn't be easier to make. Eliminating the eggs saves two steps - cooking the custard and cooling the mixture before churning.
Whisk together all of the ingredients except the espresso beans. When well combined, transfer the mixture to an ice cream machine. Churn until the mixture reaches the consistency of soft serve. Then transfer to a freezer-safe container and stir in the chocolate-covered espresso beans. Freeze until firm, approx. 3-4 hours.
Serving and storing
Double espresso ice cream is delicious any way you serve it - in a bowl or in a cone. Drizzle with chocolate sauce or serve a scoop between two chocolate chip cookies.
Freeze the ice cream in an airtight, freezer-safe container. Ice cream doesn't last long in our house - not more than a few days. I recommend eating the ice cream within a week.
Thanks for sharing!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. Also, you can post a picture on Instagram and tag me @mycasualpantry and use hashtag #mycasualpantry.
More ice cream recipes to try
- Molasses Cookies and Cinnamon Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Double Mint Oreo Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream with Chocolate Covered Peanuts
- Triple Mint Ice Cream
- Chocolate Peppermint Stick Ice Cream
- Mocha Ice Cream Cake
- Cinnamon Ice Cream
Double Espresso Ice Cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup chocolate-covered espresso beans chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine half-and-half, heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, espresso powder, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk until the ingredients are well blended.
- Transfer to an ice cream machine and churn until the mixture is the consistency of soft serve. Transfer to a freezer-safe container. Stir in the chopped espresso beans. Freeze until firm, approx 3-4 hours.