You will love this
Fuss-free - This no boil baked pasta couldn't be easier. There's no need to thaw or boil the frozen ravioli before assembling the dish. This means less prep time and fewer dishes to wash which is always a win in my book.
Short-cut ingredients - This recipe has only five ingredients - and two of them are supermarket short-cuts. Frozen ravioli and jarred marinara sauce make quick work of preparing this dish.
Pasta is always a crowd-favorite - Everyone loves a comforting pasta bake. And it's easy to customize this dish for your family. Use your favorite Italian sausage - pork or turkey, sweet or spicy. Add your favorite jarred pasta sauce. Feel free to add veggies too. Roasted peppers, spinach, and caramelized mushrooms are all great options.
- Frozen cheese ravioli - This shortcut ingredient doesn't need to be defrosted or boiled. Frozen pasta is a versatile staple that I love keeping on hand.
- Jarred marinara sauce - Use your favorite go-to brand or variety.
- Turkey Italian sausage - Both sweet and hot sausage is delicious. You can also substitute pork or chicken sausage.
- Mozzarella cheese - I prefer using cubes of mozzarella to create pockets of gooey cheese when baked. You can also use sliced or shredded cheese when layering the casserole.
- Parmesan cheese - You can never go wrong topping baked pasta with salty Parmesan cheese.
How to make no boil baked pasta
- Cook and crumble the sausage while the oven preheats.
- Layer the ingredients in a greased casserole dish: spread ¼ cup of sauce in the bottom of the dish. Top with ⅓ of the ravioli, ⅓ of the sausage, ⅓ of the cheese, and ⅓ of the remaining sauce.
- Repeat these layers two more times, finishing with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake, covered, for 25-30 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes.
How to serve and store
No boil baked pasta is perfect for serving family-style. Set the baking dish in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves. I'm sure you will be digging in for seconds!
Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Simply reheat individual portions in the microwave until hot throughout.
Cheese Ravioli Sausage Bake
- 20 ounces turkey Italian sausage sweet or hot
- 24 ounces frozen cheese ravioli
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese cut into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, cook the turkey sausage (with casings removed) over medium heat for 7-8 minutes until cooked through, crumbling the sausage as it cooks. Drain if necessary.
- In a 3 quart greased casserole dish, spread ¼ cup of the sauce in the bottom. Next, layer ⅓ of the cheese ravioli, ⅓ of the sausage, and ⅓ of the cheese. Pour ⅓ of the sauce over the top. Repeat the layers two more times. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
Author's note: This post was originally published in September 2019 and has been updated.