Pumpkin Sage Ravioli is a quick weeknight meal filled with fall flavors. Fresh (store-bought) ravioli adds to the ease of this dish.
When schedules are hectic and temperatures turn cool, I crave quick and easy weeknight meals that are satisfying and full of seasonal flavors. Pasta is one of the best quick and easy meal options and pumpkin and sage are two of my favorite fall flavors. This Pumpkin Sage Ravioli will be ready in no time and will make you feel warm and fuzzy!
What ingredients do I need?
- Pasta – I recommend using fresh ravioli for this dish. Fresh pasta cooks very quickly and often comes in seasonal flavor combinations. I found pumpkin sage ravioli at my local supermarket which highlighted the fall flavors I was using in this dish. If you can’t find fresh pasta in seasonal flavors, cheese ravioli will work just fine.
- Pumpkin puree – Adds great fall flavor and warmth to the dish. This recipe only calls for a small amount of pumpkin puree, so this is a perfect way to use up some leftover pumpkin that may be in your fridge.
- Heavy cream – The cream provides the base for the sauce. Isn’t everything better with cream? Pumpkin cream – yum!
- Fresh sage leaves – I love the flavor of sage and infusing the cream with fresh sage adds a wonderful warmth to the sauce. I also use the sage leaves for garnish.
- Chinese Five Spice powder – This recipe only calls for a small amount, but it adds the slightest bit of heat and the warmth of flavors like cinnamon and clove pair so nicely with pumpkin and sage.
Making Pumpkin Sage Ravioli
This dish comes together so quickly, you will be enjoying dinner in no time. While the water for the pasta comes to a boil and the pasta cooks, add the cream to a skillet along with the sage leaves. While the cream simmers and thickens, the sage will infuse all of its deliciousness to the sauce. Next whisk in the pumpkin puree and the five-spice powder. Add a pinch or two of salt and pepper to taste. When the pasta is ready, drain, and add to the cream sauce. Gently stir to coat the ravioli with the sauce. Garnish with more sage and serve.
Pumpkin Sage Ravioli is a winner and will be with your family. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled depending on the size of your family. The seasonal flavors are not only delicious but comforting too. If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation.
Other pasta recipes you may enjoy
- Butternut Squash Pasta with Sage Brown Butter
- Spinach and Artichoke Pasta
- Mushroom Ravioli with Sage Butter
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Mushrooms
- Creamy Corn Pasta with Bacon
Pumpkin Sage Ravioli
- 9 ounces fresh pumpkin or cheese ravioli
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- salt and black pepper to taste
- dash of Chinese 5 Spice powder
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium-low to medium heat, add the heavy cream and sage leaves. Simmer the cream for 2-3 minutes to thicken. Whisk in the pumpkin puree. Add the five-spice powder and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the ravioli and stir to coat with the cream sauce. Garnish with sage and serve.