This Sausage, Apple, and Cheddar Quiche is the perfect fall brunch dish. The sweetness of the apples pairs perfectly with the sausage and cheddar cheese.
I love going out for breakfast. If we eat out, it's usually for lunch or dinner, so going out for breakfast is a treat. One of our favorite breakfast spots has delicious omelets. One of my favorites is a sausage, apple, and cheddar omelet. That omelet is the inspiration behind this quiche. The sweetness of the apple is unexpected, but it pairs so nicely with the sausage and cheddar cheese.
Quiches are so versatile. The possible combination of the ingredients is endless. Anything goes...it's a perfect way to use up those odds and ends that are in your fridge. Quiches are delicious hot or at room temperature. They are perfect for weekend breakfasts, teenage sleepovers, or brunch parties.
For this sausage, apple, and cheddar version, I like to using turkey breakfast sausage. It lightens the quiche up a bit. Also, I like sauteing the apples so they soften slightly before adding to the filling. And, freshly grated cheddar cheese is a must! For the pie crust, I use refrigerated pie dough for convenience, but you can certainly make a pie crust from scratch.
I hope you try this recipe. I'd love to hear if your family loves this recipe as much as mine does. The flavor combination is a win, win! It's perfect for fall, but I love this quiche all year around.
More quiche recipes to try
- Mushroom and Brie Quiche
- Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar Quiche
- Broccoli, Ham and Cheddar Deep Dish Quiche
- Green Eggs and Ham Quiche
- Sausage, Butternut, and Gruyere Quiche
Sausage, Apple, and Cheddar Quiche
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 1 apple
- 6 turkey breakfast sausages, precooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Shape the pie crust into a 9-inch tart pan, trimming the excess from the edges. Line with foil and add pie weights. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and weights and bake for another 5 minutes until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Reduce the oven to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat. Peel, core, and chop the apple into bite-size pieces. Cut the sausage into bite-size pieces. Add the butter, apples, and sausage to the skillet. Saute for 10 minutes or until the apples are slightly softened. Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream.
- Whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, and pepper. Place the tart pan on a sheet pan. (This will catch any spillover while baking.) Spread the apples and sausage in the bottom of the pie crust. Top with the shredded cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the top. Be careful not to overfill the crust. Bake the quiche at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes until eggs are set. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Use a 9-inch tart pan for this recipe.
- Be careful not to overfill the tart pan with the egg mixture. There may be some leftover egg mixture that doesn't fit in the pan.