Broccoli, Ham and Cheddar Deep Dish Quiche is perfect for breakfast or brunch but also pairs nicely with a salad for lunch or dinner.
Quiche is one of those dishes that is extremely versatile. Like frittatas, quiche is a great way to use up vegetables or those leftover blocks of cheese lurking in your fridge. Add in some bacon, sausage or ham to create your favorite flavor combination.
I often make quiche in a tart pan, but this recipe is a deep dish version that is made in a springform pan. Loaded with broccoli, ham, and plenty of cheddar cheese, this quiche is hearty and delicious. Serve this for breakfast or brunch. Or, serve with a salad for lunch or a light dinner. This quiche is tasty served both hot or at room temperature.
Tips for making deep dish quiche
- Pre-bake the crust only partially since this quiche bakes for approx. 1 ½ hours.
- Don't be concerned if the pie crust shrinks. The egg mixture may fill the pan above the edge of the crust, but the springform pan keeps the egg mixture fully contained.
- Bake with a sheet pan under the springform pan in case the quiche bakes over. Just a precaution to keep your oven clean!
- This quiche does require a fair amount of baking time. Using a lower temperature - 325 degrees - creates a light and silky custard filling. Just scrumptious.
- Don't skimp on the cooling time. The quiche does need adequate time to set before slicing.
- I used a 9-inch springform pan for this recipe.
I love making a quiche to have on hand during the week. It heats up easily for a quick breakfast, but I equally love quiche for lunch. Just add a green salad for a perfectly satisfying meal.
I hope you try this recipe - broccoli, ham, and cheddar is a delicious combination especially in this quiche. If you try this recipe, please leave me a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation.
More quiche recipes
- Mushroom and Brie Quiche
- Green Eggs and Ham Quiche
- Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar Quiche
- Sausage, Butternut, and Gruyere Quiche
- Sausage, Apple, and Cheddar Quiche
Broccoli, Ham and Cheddar Deep Dish Quiche
- 1 pie crust homemade or store-bought
- 1 shallot sliced
- 3 - 3 ½ cups broccoli florets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ¼ cups diced ham
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Shape the pie crust into a 9-inch springform pan. Line the pan with foil and add pie weights. Place the springform pan on a baking sheet. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and remove pie weights and foil. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and saute the shallots and the broccoli for 5-7 minutes until the broccoli has softened slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Layer half of the broccoli and shallots on top of the pie crust. Top with half of the ham and half of the cheese. Repeat layers with the remaining broccoli, shallots, ham, and cheese. Slowly pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 30-45 minutes until the center is mostly set and the edges are golden brown. Let cool for 30-40 minutes before slicing and serving.