Rolo Pretzels are the easiest three-ingredient sweet and salty treat. This festive version is perfect for Valentine's Day.
Skip the boxed chocolates and make these Valentine pretzel treats instead. With just three ingredients, these are super easy to make, fun to assemble, and can be customized for any season or holiday. This sweet and salty combo is a favorite with all ages.
Three ingredient treat
- Pretzels form the salty base of this treat. I like to use square butter snaps, but if you prefer the traditional knot shape, use the mini size.
- Rolos - These chocolate caramel candies become the glue that holds these treats together.
- M&M's - Top each Rolo with the M&M candies. I used festive cupid mix M&M's for these Valentine-themed treats.
How to make Rolo pretzels
These treats cannot be any easier to make.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange the pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Top each pretzel with a Rolo candy.
- Bake for 2-3 minutes - just until the chocolate starts to glisten and is starting to melt. Watch carefully - the Rolos should not melt to the point where they start to lose their shape.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and carefully place an M&M in the center of each Rolo, pressing gently.
- Allow the chocolate to set back up before storing them in an airtight container.
Variations on Rolo pretzels
It's easy to change up these treats with different colors or flavor combinations. The instructions/method are the same so you can try more than one variety at the same time. Use your imagination and come up with some of your own creations.
- Holidays - customize for any holiday or season with color-themed M&M candies.
- Turtles - replace the M&M's with a pecan on top of the Rolos.
- Peanut butter - replace the Rolos and M&M's with miniature peanut butter cups and Reese's pieces candy.
- Hershey Kisses - swap out the Rolos for your favorite variety of Hershey Kisses. The possibilities are endless! Hershey hugs are another great option for Valentine's Day!
- Mint - swap out the Rolos and M&M's for Hershey Mint Truffle Kisses and Junior Mints. Perfect for St. Patrick's Day.
These sweet-salty treats are fun and festive one-bite munchies. Because they are so easy to make, they are ideal for so many things:
- Add to dessert boards or cookie platters.
- Bring to school parties for a fun seasonal treat.
- Sell at bake sales - package 10-15 pretzels in cellophane bags and tie with decorative ribbon.
- Add to sweet and salty snack mixes.
- Serve in a bowl for easy snacking.
These treats are not only delicious but fun to make.
Other Valentine's Day treats
Valentine Rolo Pretzel Treats
- 50 small pretzels (like Butter snaps)
- 50 chocolate caramels (such as Rolos)
- 50 chocolate-coated candies (such as M&Ms (M&M Cupid mix))
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Lay the pretzels in one layer on the baking sheet. Top each pretzel with a chocolate-caramel candy.
- Put in the oven for 2-3 minutes just until the chocolate is starting to melt and is glistening in appearance. The chocolate caramels should retain their shape. Be careful not to leave the pan in the oven too long.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately gently press a chocolate-coated candy on top of each caramel. Let sit at room temperature until the chocolate sets back up. Once set, store the candies in an airtight container.
- For variations, use Hershey kisses instead of Rolos and any variety of M&M's. The combinations are endless. Top the Rolos with pecans for a turtle version.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.